wooden dowels?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRockinRabbit

Reaction score
where would I go about buying those wooden dowels I see everyone using in NIC condos for second-level support?

like this;

44nic5.jpg

much appreciated!

and just so ya know..the ones in the pics arent dowels ..im pretty sure dowels are only round....those in the pic are just 1x1 ish pieces u can buy from any hardware store also...just wanted to clarify...

Just about any hardware store--already saw the names of everyone that I know of. Dowels are round, like the ones used in bird cages for perching. If you know someone with a table saw, they can cut you some out of 1 inch stock.

Building Materials at Home Depot. Ask someone in that department where the 1X1 strips are.

TheRockinRabbit wrote:
Awesome; thanks everyone!

I measured the holes; I need one that's 1.5 inches wide. :p
I would get one about 1" to 1.25". A 1.5" could be hard to get through the grids. I have 1" ones and they work quite well. Also keep in mind that the thicker they are, the more expensive they get. It would be good to measure how much you need before you go and get the smallest length that will suit your needs. Also make sure you have zip ties to attach it to the cage.

Latest posts

Back