Wood to put under rabbit.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flemish giant

Reaction score
So Harper's in the kitchen till I know shes 100% potty trained, but I want her to have something to be secure on. My uncle has a piece of plywood and I think its pine. Can I use this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Rabbit Forum mobile app

Ive only heard of pine shavings being bad.

we used pine for the solid sides of our outside hutch. I would say its okay as long as its untreated and your bunny doesnt pee on it.

What would I do if she did pee on it?

The wood will absorb the urine and eventually start smelling...probably not something you want in the kitchen, unless you're diligent about cleaning the pee off the wood before it all soaks in.

Definently not. Hopefully she will learn before I put it under her. Is regular plywood OK?

I used plywood as the base for Sophie's condo. I glued non skid linoleum to it, then built trim around it so she couldn't find an edge to chew on. It's easy to clean and she doesn't slip on it. Lino is really cheap to buy by the remnant.

Is it an issue if she chews on it? I'll have to check on the prices of lino BC last time they said it was really expensive I think he did the math wrong though.

Is it an issue if she chews on it?

Do you mean the linoleum? If so, no, that wouldn't be good if they ingested lino. I would think plywood wouldn't be good for them to eat either because I think plywood is layers of wood glued together.

I decided just to get a rug. I can wash it off or steam clean it and they're cheaper.

Latest posts

Back