Wood Stove Pellets vs. Horse Bedding Pellets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agnesthelion

Reaction score
Has anyone used both and if so what is the difference and how would you compare the two?

Stove pellets, or wood pellet bio-fuel, can be made from all types of wood, wood byproductsand recycled material. Most brands are made of at least 80% hard wood to provide maximum heat and longevity when burned.

Pelleted wood bedding is made only from soft woods. The quality pellets are made from virgin soft wood. Theyprovide the greatest expansion, absorption and odor control, with least possible dust and no risk of any contaminants.

I've used both and by far the horse pellets are better because they absorb urine and odor. (I followed Jim's advice actually) :)

Try your local Agway store.

They have their own brand made by Southern State.
They may also carry other brands like Woody Pet or Marathon.
:)

(Did someone say WOODY PET??!!?? :bunnydance:)

Okay, thanks for the explanation!

Off to find horse pellets. I have wood pellets now and will be interested to see the difference....

I have never bought wood stove pellets treated with accelerants or chemicals. I have the natural wood ones with no chemicals.

I know several people on here use the safe wood stove pellets with no chemicals.

However I am curious how those rank compared to horse bedding pellets......

Well I use the wood stove pellets in my horses stalls. The ones I get are all natural. So I use them as litter for Rue as well.

The ones I get are a hard wood. A huge bag is $6 and its going to last me forever. We buy 20 some odd bags at a time for the barn. I feel safe using them for my show horses there is no reason I can't use them for Rue's tiny litter box that he stands in a total of 5 minutes a day. However I also change his litter twice a day because I am anal like that.

Latest posts

Back