Wood Floors

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candykittten

Reaction score
I have wood floors in my new apartment and my bunny Anthony doesn't like them at all. Seems like he can't get his footing. I am planning on making him a play area out of shoe mats but I was wondering how other bunny slaves had dealt with wood floors.

Any Ideas?

My rabbits are actually kept on laminate flooring over the top of my carpets to protect the floors. I'd recommend using cardboard pieces (mine love them to shred and for traction), and to add things like playmat interlocking grids as long as yours don't think they're good to eat. You may also be able to put down rugs as long as there isn't rubber they can get to and eat. Hope that helps some.

As with anything you put in their cage (rugs, playmats, etc) you should check to make sure they aren't eating it since a blockage is bad. Mine have adapted really well to wood floors and my one, Layla, even prefers running on wood floor. I think she likes to "rally slide" around things even if it freaks me out from time to time.

Carpet scraps....the little squares you can get at carpet stores? We had one that would only go on wood floors if you made her a little path....

I noticed my rabbit does not like wood floors at all! He also doesn't like laminate. I have tried to lure him into my kitchen or den and he hates it! He won't even come in for his favorite treat. :D He doesn't seem to mind the bathroom tile, but it's not his favorite... he doesn't like how he can't grip it.

anyway whenever I need to put him in those rooms for whatever reason, I lay towels or mats out for him, that way he's more comfortable walking around. He loves his carpet, he can do bunny 500's all day on it :biggrin: Rabbits are funny :D

:running bunny

Latest posts

Back