Wood Floors & Stairs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarrotTop18

Reaction score
My bunny currently refuses to go on wood flooring. I want to pick her up less bc I know its stressful. My whole house is wood though. She has a room with the floors covered, but I'd like her to be able to go downstairs. I know some rabbits can use stairs and some cant, but she wont go on wood in the first place. Are there ways to train her to go on wood?

Wood flooring is really slippery, especially for rabbits, because they don’t have padded feet like a dog or cat. You can put down rugs in other rooms to help her to get some grip or friction. She can be taught to go down wooden stairs though. It is a little more difficult than carpeted stakes but it is manageable.
i would teach her to go up the stairs first. You can do that by putting a treat on some of the steps. Apollo would probably love to be able to go up and down our stairs, he likes being high up. Like jumping on my desk in the middle of the night.

Last edited:
Slippery floor is no good for bunnies. Can lead to serious long term health problems. I would definitely also look into covering the stairs as slippery stairs are obviously very dangerous.

Back