Wood chews

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~BunBuns~

Reaction score
I went to PJS petshop yesterday to get bun bunssome toys, i got her a Nut Knot nibbler(i think its nibbler) and peachorchord sticks which she seems to LOVE. I went to the bird section andi saw large blocks of colored wood. Are they ok for bunnies. I dontknow if it flavored or not.

Yes, usually wodden chew toys in the birdsection are ok for bunnies - although you should look to see what kindof wood it is (if it says) and check the bunny-safe list of differentkinds of trees to see if that particular type of wood is on the list.

I'll have to do some more research and find the list for you.

________
Nadia

Most bird toys are made with hard woods likemanzanita, and all bird toys are made with wood that has very low orzero aromatic oils and such. Any wooden toys should be safefor rabbits, since they must be made with caution for birds due totheir sensitive respiratory tracts, and, well, every other sensativeorgan in a bird's body. I own six parrots and have studiedtheir toys in great detail:D

I got Rocky a great toy that he looooves. It's a bunch ofgrape vine wood on a chain with a bell on the end. He playswith it nonstop! Got it from Petsmart. Another onehe really likes is the small parrot Kladders, also from Petsmart.

Great! I always wondered about that - I figuredif it was bird safe it would be rabbit safe, but I was never sure... Inever did get around to looking that up. :)

_______
Nadia

Bird toys are fun, especially the ones that dangle like a boredom buster.
Back then, my first days whith Bun-Bun, I noticed that he reallydoesn't care for those chew blocks any more. So, since I knew he likedTug-O-War, I thought I should buy him some thing he could tug onhimself while I'm in School and at work. So I looked for aninterresting tug toy but couldn't find one. So I looked for a bird toy.I found one - it had thin raw hide plates on it. I wouldn't expect arabbit to "eat it" and he didn't he just chewed and tugged on it - butdamn did he have blast whith it!!

thats a really good idea, i've never thoughtabout using bird toys before. My bunnies never chew the chew blocks andtoys i put in for them unless a tie them to the side of the run, theyonly chew stuff that is attached! I think hanging a bird toy up woulddo the trick and maybe help to stop them chewing the wood on thier run!!

Anna xx

Latest posts

Back