Won't eat his veggies...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DelightfulEccentricity

Reaction score
I have a few rabbits, and I've noticed that one in particular will not eat anything fresh. No veggies, no fruits, nothing. He's madly in love with pellets...like, the instant I give him his daily ration of pellets, he's got his face buried into the feeder, and looks just happy as can be. And then I end up taking the wilted fresh stuff out of his box and giving it to his neighbor, who will eat anything you put in front of her, to keep it from going to waste. The other night I offered him a few pellets by hand (it is his fav treat) and then tried a bit of Romaine, and he sniffed it, then looked at me as if to say, "That's a leaf. I don't do leaves. Got pellets?!"

Since he consistently refuses veggies, should I offer them only occasionally? He turns his fuzzy nose up at anything that isn't pellets or hay. Maybe limit to once-a-week attempts to get him to eat the green stuff? Or do I just keep trying?

Okay, so...what if he never does? :) I mean, will it hurt him to not eat fresh stuff if he never will? He's in better body condition than his littermate, who is okay with fresh stuff, so thus far he seems no worse for wear...

...I just don't want to harm him or deprive him nutritionally because he's a picky little fuzz-butt. :)

Latest posts

Back