Won't eat hay!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Opal

Reaction score
Hey guys! So Opal was running out of hay, so I went and got him the same brand of hay as I usually get for him. Well, he used to absolutely love it as he would nip me if I didnt put the hay in his hay rack fast enough. Well this time around, he had absolutely no interest in eating it and will completely ignore it. I'm wondering if this hay was a different cut than the hay he previously ate. Is there any way to get him to eat it? I've tried wrapping it around veggies, mixing his pellets in, leaving him with only the hay, and I tried to get him to nip at it. He will not eat it. I can't go get another small bale as money is tight as of right now and my mom can't take me to the store because of work. Any ideas?

Sometimes, rabbits can be picky with their hay for many reasons, such as it could be the smell of it.
What brand of hay is it. I know with some brands like Oxbow, it the isn't good they will refund your money and ship you a new one if you live in the USA.

Is your rabbit eating the hay that you have from the other bag?

Latest posts

Back