Wonky Sammy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazarty

Reaction score
bunny.jpg
Hi just thought i would show you all a pic of Sammy posing with her poor wonky head. It looks really bad but she seems totally unphased by it and is very happy in herself, she is eating loads (if not too much) and running around in straight lines, the only time its looks that bad is when she is still, eating or laying down.

Well we first thought it was an inner ear infection which gave her a severe head tilt, Now we beleive its a parasite. she was on Medication for a few weeks but as soon as she come of it her head started to tilt again. This is the third time going back on medication and its still suffering with the tilt. When she firts got it she was very poorly, she would not eat anything or drink she spent a week in animal hospital. Now its only the head tilt she is suffering with but evne with it she does not seen bothered at all by it.

Aww that is so sad :( I feel like crying. I also think it is very unfair to call her 'Wonky', Its not her fault at all. I am really suprised how she gets on with life ok. She must of really adjusted to it. The poor thing. Im glad she is happy in herself and I hope her head tilt goes away as soon as pos!

Very cute bunny. Hope she gets better soon! *hugs for Sammy* I had a bunny once called Dusty who used to twitch all the time (some brain neurological problem) but she was happy in herself and lived a good 3 happy years with me...I am glad I got her because if someone else had her then found out she wasn't perfect she could've had a really bad fate :?pains me to think...

Good that Sammy is loved and Im sure the tilt will rectify itself soon!!! :D

It may not fix itself - it could be an infection which is not being knocked out, as mentioned above. The vet should take a second look or i'd get a second opinion.

Back