Wondering what my Cinnabun might be?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinnabun121212

Reaction score
016-1_zps9b8d05f5.jpg

I have been doing a little research and thinking she is some sort of "English Rabbit"?

oops looks like the picture didn't post.

Got the picture up!!

Last edited:
Her color is most definitely black otter. Not sure what you mean by English rabbit? She looks like just a mix to me with no real big identifiers pointing to a specific breed. How big is she or how much does she weigh? And where are you from?

Hi, I'm from NJ and only had her 2 weeks. Not sure of her weight or even if she is a she (pretty sure though) and next week after the holidays plan to have her checked out by a vet. I was doing a search on rabbit breeds and came across a few that looked liked her and was just wondering if she might be any certain type ... I rescued her from the outdoors. Chances are she's "just a pretty bun" :).

Where did you get her? She looks to me like a Mini Rex MIX if she's the right weight.

Hi KittyKatMe, I found her in a neighbor's backyard and assuming someone let her go along with another Dwarf Angora I caught a few weeks earlier (btw who now has a good home). Heard she had been living in the neighbor's yard for 3 for 3 MONTHS :(. I'd say she's a good solid 5lbs.

Her color and pattern are accepted in many breeds, so that isn't much of an indicator of breed. I don't see any particularly telling characteristics. She is probably a mixed breed of some sort.

Her body type to me looks like a Havana but broken black otter isn't a recognized color. I still think she could be a MR mix, but I have no idea what with.

Mini-Rex rabbits tend to have short, curly whiskers. From what I can see in the picture, Cinnabun has long, straight whiskers. Also, the very definition of Rex fur is that the guard hairs and undercoat are the same length, so the fur stands up like velvet. From the picture, it seems like there are lots of longer white guard hairs over the shorter black fur, which doesn't look like Rex fur to me.

MR mix is still a possibility - nearly anything is a possibility - but I don't see enough Rex-like characteristics to think that Rex is a big part of the mix.

Personally, I'd settle for "cute bunny" as a description.

Yes, I said mix. I know that it is not purebred Mini Rex.

She's a Cutie for sure!! So gentle, loving and best of all one extremely happy bun :bunny5. Thanks for your opinions :).

Latest posts

Back