Wisdom teeth have been pulled

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happatk

Reaction score
So, I got my wisdom teeth pulled this morning, and I'm not sure why, but my mouth just doesn't hurt all that much and my face isn't swelling. Maybe I'm lucky, or maybe the worst is yet to come. Well, regardless, I'm grateful. :D Just thought I'd share my joy!

Thats great news!

When I had my wisdom teeth(all 4) pulled I also didn't have much pain or swelling.I was eating by supper time and went to school the next day.

Keep putting cold packs on your cheeks to make sure the swelling stays down.

kirbyultra wrote:
Wow I hope you got some pain meds just in case it sets in later! But more power to ya :)
I don't have wisdom teeth. They did xrays. I just don't have any. I'm silly for life. :?

My mom's like that, actually. I'm so jealous. That's like, two-thousand dollars saved just for being born lucky. So happy I'm still on my parent's health insurance plan, but even then, it cost $700, ack!

I'm on hydrocodone... is that stuff supposed to be powerful? Cause, well, maybe that's why I feel so good. It takes like 3 hours to kick in, though.

I've been eating applesauce, smoothies, yogurt, and pudding all day. I'm still freakin' hungry!! Ahh, liquids are not satisfying, but I can't eat solids till tomorrow. As soon as I wake up, I'm eating an Arby's roastbeef sandwhich. Unlike my bun, I'm an unabashed carnivore. I need meat.

happatk wrote:
I'm on hydrocodone... is that stuff supposed to be powerful? Cause, well, maybe that's why I feel so good. It takes like 3 hours to kick in, though.
I'm super sensitive to hydrocodone. I had them for my sinus surgery; my doctor gave me 40, and said to take one or two every four hours. OMG! I would take one, and it would knock me out within about 15 minutes, and I would sleep for about 5 hours. Not light sleep, like dead-to-the-world sleep. Also, taking them makes me feel like I have a hangover the next day. Ugh. I have no idea how I was supposed to take 2 of them every 4 hours.

I'm glad you are doing well!

Glad you feel OK - keep icing the area, though and stay on the pain meds as your doc said... you won't like it if the pain breaks through.

Denise

I'm starting to feel a nauseous, which sucks, but its okay cause I felt what it was like to not have it for a few minutes and it was pretty bad. Not horrible, but bad. Then again, I've had the most god-awful cramps in the past (sorry guys), so most pain feels like nothing by comparison.

Hopefully, I'll be all better by Saturday cause that's when I have to go back to work, bleh.

I recently had mine removed and had pain for 3 weeks. Of course, the day after I got all 4 wisdom teeth removed.....I had to fly from AZ to NY for a funeral. I didn't get a chance to rest up, I talked too much because I was seeing family/old friends again, and I ate hard foods way too soon (can't go to NY without stuffing your face!)....so I was in a lot of pain.

Percoset & Ibuprofen were my BBF's for a week or so, HAHA!

undergunfire wrote:
I recently had mine removed and had pain for 3 weeks. Of course, the day after I got all 4 wisdom teeth removed.....I had to fly from AZ to NY for a funeral. I didn't get a chance to rest up, I talked too much because I was seeing family/old friends again, and I ate hard foods way too soon (can't go to NY without stuffing your face!)....so I was in a lot of pain.

Percoset & Ibuprofen were my BBF's for a week or so, HAHA!

Uh oh... I've been talking all day, got all 4 teeth pulled, and my mom told me to start eat solids tomorrow. Hmm, maybe I should put that off to keep the pain away.

Yeah, definitely relax and take it easy. Have liquid-like soup. Do not eat anything with small bits....they get stuck in your holes back here, which adds to some of the pain because food is lodged down in there. Bleh....I don't even want to think of my pain, LOL!

Just take it easy...you will be glad you did!

I mistype everything I write on this forum. I don't think there's been a single post I've put up here that hasn't had an ugly mistake. : / That's really sad, considering that I'm a journalism student.

Haha, you're doing well then!

I'm so glad you don't feel too bad after that! I know that last time I had an extraxtion, it wasn't bad either, it was kinda nice to know I didn't need those pain killers!:D

Hope you feel better. I had mine out but it was every 6 months I had one removed until I asked the Dentist to just take the rest out, Oh no you may not need to have them removed. Sure enough I was back every 6 mos. The tops were easy but I had an impacted tooth on the bottom that needed stitches that was a rough one.

Try eating Cream of Wheat, Jello, yogurt oops you said that. Take it easy let them heal .

I actually just went to the dentist today and he took my stitches out and gave me that horrible syringe thing that you have to use to empty out the holes my teeth left behind.

I've finally started trying to eat solid foods again! I can only eat flat things, but it's something. :D

Make sure you eat before you take the pain meds; that'll help with the nausea.

I had my wisdom teeth out and my tori chiseled away at the same time so I had stitches right down the roof of my mouth and along the sides of my lower jaw too. I really liked the feeling of cold jello on those areas.

happatk wrote:
I actually just went to the dentist today and he took my stitches out and gave me that horrible syringe thing that you have to use to empty out the holes my teeth left behind.

Yes, that nice syringe thingy! Ugh, but it helps a ton! I wouldn't use it at first though, not till the holes looked like they wouldn't bleed if I did, haha.

I still have my old one, lol.:p

I had all four cut out of my mouth on a friday morning after barn chores(Had to see my horses before I went in) and by Saturday morning I was back out with the horses. Never took the hydrocodone/vicadin or any of the pain meds and no swelling. of coarse the salk water mouth rinsing after eating anything was NASTY. no syringe thingy. I've developed a high pain tolerance due to breaking my toes prior to that. My tongue had a nasty habit of playing with the stitches though- that got irratating and I couldn't stop that.

How are you doing now?

Latest posts

Back