Winston

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightPoet00

Reaction score
Well, today has been a little interesting inWinston world. When I came home from work today, I noticed that Winstonwas lounging on one of the upper landings of his condo, which heusually doesn't do (he usually lounges on the second level, not thethird). I thought nothing of it, but when I came back later, he wasstill there in pretty much the same position. I noticed that verylittle water had been drunk, and that there was still hay left (thereusually is none). Mabel was hopping around as usual and responded tofood eagerly, so she was fine.

Winston, on the other hand, would not go for his pellets or veggies,which he usually goes crazy over. I ran and got a cup of pinaeapple andpineapple juice, which he loves even more, but still nothing. I beganto get really worried, thinking that there had been a blockage. I tookWinston out and put him down, but he either stayed in one place orhopped back to huddle in his cage. His eyes seemed alert and clear, andhe was a little curious, but not like normal.

I didn't know what to do. I thought it was too early to call the vet,so I decided to wait and continue to tempt him with his favorite foods.I also decided to pray over him. I'm a Christian and I firmly believein the power of prayer and healing. I truly hope no one is offended bymy bringing religion onto the board, but I'm just telling it like ithappened. So I prayed over Winston, laying my hands on him and askingGod to heal him, and to especially clear up any tummy blockages.

A short while later (10-15 minutes perhaps) Winston began to perk up. Ioffered him the cup of pineapple, and he started guzzling the juice,even though he didn't want to eat any actual pineapple. A little whilelater, he ate some pineapple, and shortly after that he was crunchingdown pellets like crazy. Both he and Mabel have had an overload ofpineapple today, but they're both shedding, and with this blockagething I thought it was better to have a little too much than notenough. Now Winston is eating his hay and has pooped. I cleaned out thecage so I could better monitor the poops, and there are some poopsscattered across the floor of the cage, a la Winston.

So Winston seems to be back to normal!!! I hope you all don't think I'msilly/crazy/offensive to pray over my rabbits, but the way I see it Godis more powerful than any vet. I'm so glad and thankful that Winston isback to his old tricks!!!! Just thought I'd share. Again, I hope no oneis offended, but God rocks. :D

You certainly don't offend me at all. Icompletely believe in the power of prayer! I've seen it worktoo many times to not believe!

I will also keep Winston in my prayers! I hope he continuesto get back to normal. Keep giving him pineapple so he getscompletely cleaned out...

He's such a pretty boy. I love seeing him and hope you post new photos soon :)

You're absolutely right, God is more powerfulthan any thing on this earth. i'm glad to find so many people thatbelieve in the power of prayer and God. It's good to hear thatWinston's on the mend!

Ellie

No offense taken here, I would have done the same exact thing ;)

God's pretty cool sometimes, isn't He? :cool:

Each night when I pray for all I am thankful forI include Apollo. And when I ask the Lord to please see our familysafely through another day, Apollo is in there too. I find nothingwrong with praying over your bunn. I'm glad Winston is feeling better.

Tina

How ironic...I am currently sampling a bunch ofChristian music that my bible study partner burned for me on CD...somepretty good music.

The power of prayer has been proven time and again, I think faith isvery important regardless of what you have put your faith in.

I am so glad that Winston has improved so drastically. Sounds like you caught it right in time.

Fergi's mom

I believe more andmore in the power of prayer every day. I used to wait until things werenearly out of control before I ask God for help. A good friend of minewho is well educated in the bible, which I am not, recently explainedto me that my habit of waiting to ask God for help with only the bigstuff was a mistake. He said God doesn't want you to come to him foronly the big and bad things.....my friend told me the parts of thebible that explain it better. Maybe someone here knows where itis....Anyway, now I pray for big and small things and I say Thank You alot! :)

RaspberrySwirl

The verse she's likely talking about is inPhilippians. I'm no Bible scholar myself, we covered Philippians in aBible Study years ago and the verse immediately popped into my head:

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer andsupplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known toGod."

So glad to hear it, NightPoet.

Continue to give the pineapple, andsome canned pumpkin wouldn't hurt to keep his system going.

Prayers continue fora complete recovery.

-Carolyn

I glad to hear that Winston is doing better!!

And rumor has it that bunniehugger prayers are exceptionally potent ;).

Prayers for continued good heath sent to Winston, and you as well!!

:~) Jim

Latest posts

Back