Windows Movie Maker Trouble - can't import videos?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spring

Reaction score
I've been fiddling around with my files and Windows Movie Maker since I have so many unlabled videos, have no clue what to do with them. So was hoping I couldput them together in WMM.

I've tried multiple times to import videos, but it just won't work. When I go to import, none of my videos show up under the file type "Video Files" (avi, mpg?, blah blah blah). Actually nothing shows up.. it shows up when I go "All Files" - so makes me think it's just not reading my videos because they are in the wrong format? I've tried to change the video's properties (originally in quicktime) to Media Centre, I-tunes, etc. but still nothing works.

How would I go abouts changing my video's into "Video files" so widoes movie maker can read them and import them?

Spring wrote:
Anyone want to even take a shot at the dark for this?

:cool:

if you really want me to......................

all kidding aside, i'm really not sure:(...........i hope you can figure this out! maybe call your computer place........................:?

I can't help much, other than to say that if you search Google (quicktime format windows movie maker) it looks like Quicktime is not supported by Windows Movie Maker. The reason behind this is that Quicktime is an Apple product and often times Apple likes to make their files specific to Apple programs. For example, itunes plays on ipods, but can't be played on a regular mp3 player unless hacked into and converted.

I don't know anything about converting files to different types (I get my computer savvy friend to do this for me) so I can't help with this part :?.

I guess I was lucky because my Sony camera uploads files to MPG format which is compatible with Movie Maker, so I never had this problem.

I'd go for a search in google - perhaps "convert quicktime movies to windows format" or something like that. I found a bunch of programs doing this, some free, some not.

I spend a lot of time saving youtube videos (.flv) and converting them to mp4's for my PSP or the playstation 3, it's really easy to convert videos if you find a good (and free :p) program.

I know your computer is a shared family one so I can download and test some programs, I have some quicktime videos here that I can fiddle with, and let you know if I find one that works.

Another solution - get a fandangled new camera that doesn't record in quicktime, hehe :D.

Latest posts

Back