Wilty Greens

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonsai

Heidi's Mom
Reaction score
Hello!

I have had my baby bun since he was 7 weeks old, he is now 5 months old and I have been trying various greens with him (small amounts!) to see what he does and doesn't like. So far, on his list is spearmint, bouquet dill, and strangest of all... Romaine that's been left out all night.

I've been sick this past week/busy and I forgot to take the romaine out after he snubbed it all day and evening (6hrs straight + 2 hours prep for produce market is exhausting!) and this morning, he picked up the wilty romaine and ate it! This is the 2nd time he's done it (the first I didn't even see it in his cage. He had it under some hay in his litterbox) but he will not touch it while it's fresh and crisp. He also won't eat the "heart" or middle of each leaf, only the wilty green parts.

Will this hurt him? He hasn't had any poop issues after doing this either time, but I really don't want to possibly hurt him. :( Is there anything I can do to make the romaine more "wilty" so that he'd like it? Since spearmint will die soon, I want to find a green he'll like to make up most of his greens until spring rolls around again and he'll get garden fresh veggies and herbs. Until then, trying to find something to fit the bill!

Based on his favorites, does anyone have any greens in mind that he might like? :) My basil plant is dying, too, but I plan on trying some of it with him since he seems to likes dill a lot and it's a bit of a spicy plant.

Latest posts

Back