Willow Balls

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubysmom

Reaction score
I have had 4 willow balls sitting in my bedroom for about 4 months while I try to decide if I want to give them to my rabbits. I have purchased the unstripped willow stick balls before from a bunny supply website and my guys loved them. But they were like $6 each and they tear through them in no time. Well, I happened to be at Pier One a little while ago and I found willow balls that looked exactly the same for $1.50. I know I have purchased sea grass mats from PO before and they were safe, but what about these? It says Made in China. What do you think the likelihood is that they will make my guys sick or that they were sprayed with something? I have held off giving them to them but I know they would really like it. Any help is much appreciated. If you don't know what I am talking about I can post a pic of a similar one.

I can't say for sure but I normally buy mine from Ikea for $1 because right on their website it lists the materials used, including and coatings and they don't use any on their willow bowls.

The willow balls from Pier 1 have been treated with a fumigant, but it *shouldn't* have an effect on rabbits. Any natural products like that, including Pier 1 dragongrass mats,which are imported have to be fumigated. But it doesn't have any other treatments. I use them for my buns.

There's a thread on this somewhere but I don't have time to look.

I have been searching for those willow balls for ages now,and i just cannot find them,either we don't have them here in Australia or i am looking in the wrong places

I just know my bunnies will love em:D

cheryl

Nes wrote:
This is a REALLY neat idea!! How easy are those mats to clean?

Nes.
They don't clean at all. I shake the hair a poo out of my mats, but that's the best you can do. And they get pretty gross if they're peed on too much. But they do make great toys! They're also nice in slippery-floored or wire cages.

Yeah the seagrass mats do no clean well. My guys occasionally will pee on them so I take them out of their room and let them air out in the sun. But if your bunnies really were having a field day with peeing on them it would be gross. I was so excited when I happened to stop by a discount store in my area (Shopper's Choice) and they had big mats for $3.00! They weren't seagrass but something very similar. My guys love it. Every morning I come down and they are curled up together on it under the hay table (their favorite spot). Thanks by the way, Ellie and Hazel will be very happy to get their willow balls.

Back