Will vets give more meds if I ask??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
I'm bringing Valuran in today because he's beensneezing and his nose is wet. Now I just noticed the same thing withChompers! Chomps isn't sneezing, but his nose is all wet. :(

I wasn't worried before, but now I'm a bit more concerned, becauseobviously whatever Valuran has is spreading. Abby seems fine so far...

I wonder, if I ask for more than what Valuran is prescribed, do youthink they'll give me some? Something tells me no, but it won't hurt toask. Obviously if we have to bring Chompy in, we will, but also obviousis that if we can save money we'd like to.

When it rains it pours, I guess.

Stephanie wrote:
I'm bringing Valuran in today because he's been sneezing andhis nose is wet. Now I just noticed the same thing with Chompers!Chomps isn't sneezing, but his nose is all wet. :(

I wasn't worried before, but now I'm a bit more concerned, becauseobviously whatever Valuran has is spreading. Abby seems fine so far...

I wonder, if I ask for more than what Valuran is prescribed, do youthink they'll give me some? Something tells me no, but it won't hurt toask. Obviously if we have to bring Chompy in, we will, but also obviousis that if we can save money we'd like to.

When it rains it pours, I guess.
it really depends on your vet and what they feel is wrong withthis bun.. each is diferent. it never hurts to ask, mentionthat the other is starting to show the same signs.. or you could bringthat one along for the ride, just incase after you ask, youcan say he's here if you wanna take a look... many don't like that but,we do every so often say in some cases like that bring the second onealong just incase (shh you didn't hear this from me, i work at a vetoffice)

My vet, when asked, prescribed enough medicinefor all 22 (at the time) buns that I had. Bossy was the one sick andshe treated all of them prophalactically, and gave refills.

It cant hurt to ask.

Lanna

I'm going to ask. Like you said, it can't hurt.

Maybe we'll bring Chompy along too. I'd hate for him to get sick again, poor guy was sick this summer.

Stephanie wrote:
I'm going to ask. Like you said, it can't hurt.

Maybe we'll bring Chompy along too. I'd hate for him to get sick again, poor guy was sick this summer.
let us know how you make out at the vets, and if you decided to bring chompy with you or not

Will do. I just checked Chompers, and his nose isdry now. Could be he drank out of the bowl of water, he does have thatfat Lop face....

I'm SO glad we're bringing Valuran in today though, his sneezing has gotten much worse. :(

Just HOW late are Canadian Vets in their offices?

Latest posts

Back