Will they fight?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bossman

Reaction score
Okay, well I want to et 2 Englsih Lop Bucks. They are litter mates and I believe they were raised together.

Will They fight each other?

From experience, once the hormones kicked in on mine.. they were evil, competitive.

It's like puttin 2 cowboys in one dance hall with a limited amount of cowgirls per cowboy.. even if they are best buds, somebody is gonna get hurt.

But thats just with mine, I raise Californian's and New Zealand's, so that's all I can speak of..

Just my 2 cents.

Zin

They will fight when they start puberty especially if there are any does around.

I made the mistake of keeping two brothers together a little too long because

they were getting along so well and one of them took all the fur off the end of

the other ones ears. It never grew back and that ended his show career.

Roger

It really depends on the individuals. I've seen a number of instances where intact bucks have successfully bonded. As Roger mentioned, fighting is more common when there is competition for a female.Because intact bucks can be unpredictable, it's generally advised to neuter them to curb hormonal aggression and lessen the chance of injury due to fighting.

My brother had bonded intact Holland Lop bucks and we've got 3 bonded 2 year old New Zealand bucks (litter mates)that share a large cage. The boys are quite happy together ;)

However, as Roger pointed out, just because the bucks are litter mates, does notguarantee they will never fight.

Pam

http://www.geocities.com/pamnock/

I have an EL buck...so far he hasn't started any fights, but he's just reaching his "Teenage stage" and so he's getting the hormones starting to kick in. If he had the chance, he'd probably fight a buck, but that won't happen unless it's an accident or he figures out how to break open all the bunnies in the barn...which would horrible.

Anyways, It's best to seperate them once they begin to reach puberty. Until then, you may want to keep them together. I know FallingStar has two does and they get a long great. She's not even sure if they're litter mates or from the same breeder, but they are just dolls and they love eachother SO much. I haven't seen them fight yet, but then again FallingStar and I aren't sure of there age. Once they hit puberty, though, it may be a different story.

Good luck! You'll love your English lop boys! A word of advice: THEY ARE WILD!

Emily

Hmmm.....I could've sworn she said they'd been together since BIRTH...I'll have to go back and reread the thread....

Anyway - back to the original poster - good luck with whatever you decide. Have you seen the blog on Yofi - one of the English lops on this forum? Here's the link:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=28182&forum_id=6

I never thought of getting an EL till I read the blog....maybe someday....

Peg

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
She's not even sure if they're litter mates or from the same breeder, but they are just dolls and they love eachother SO much.

Latest posts

Back