Will territorial pooping ever stop?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweetiepy

Reaction score
My two boys (both fixed) have their cages & runs next to each other - Peaches doesn't seem to mind that Popcorn's nearby but Popcorn leaves poops all along the edge where their runs meet. He was fixed on Feb 18 so it's been two months now. I want to bond them together, but Popcorn seems too aggressive & territorial to even try. How will I be able to bond them if Popcorn is still marking his territory.

Is there a way to get it to stop? He uses the litter for about 98% of his functions but his hay tray is outside his litterbox so I have a little pile to clean up there but it's all along the fence that I want to fix.

Does that mean he'd be unbondable? I really want to put these two together. They've been nearby since November

Before I bonded Korr and Amelia, she did leave poops along his cage when she was out.He didn't really seem to care, but he has never really been territorial. It did stop once they were bonded. However, when I had Thumper in the room Amelia was not impressed at all. I think it is becasue both females are territorial and dominant. Once I moved Thumper into another room, Amelia did poop around where the cage was (Thumper also sprayed a bit when didn't help either). Korr and Amelia has always gotten along, so the pooping was more of a 'this is mine' than any aggressiveness.

You could try starting to bond them more now. Some rabbit are just more territorial than others, but that does not mean that they can't be bonded. I would do it on neutral territory and make sure you clean really well when you start doing it in the area they live.

Back