Will She Stop Peeing When She Is Fixed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mindy10

Reaction score
I know this belongs in behavior but everytime I try to ask a question there it logs me out. So now that Blossom is 6 months old she pees and poos outside her box. It is really grossing me out!! She jumps up on the chairs and pees on them and pees all over my rug. I want to know from your experience did your rabbits stop peeing every were when you got them fixed? Im putting off fixing her because its over $600 and im trying to find it cheaper but if it stops the problem I might spend the $600!! So serious does it stop the peeing? Thanks

Since she's six months old, I would assume the peeing/pooing outside of the litterbox is hormone driven marking, and should stop after the spay and the hormones die down (can take about a month for the hormones to go away completely).

My bunnies are pee in the box--but they also leave poo calling cards outside the box, and they are spayed/neutered. They do poo in the box, if they happen to be in it, but some of the stray poo may not completely subside after her spay. Some bunnies are very neat and do everything in the box--others, not so much (Simon tends to be much neater about his litter habits than Olive--she seems to be the main culprit of poo'ing outside the box).

Hope that helps!

I hope you can find it cheaper than that. Until then, maybe you should keep her in a mudroom, bathroom, or anyplace without rugs or carpeting.

Faith peed and pooed constantly outside the box, like everywhere. When I got her spayed in January, it stopped! She never pees outside her box now, and I only get the occasional poo dropped (easy to get up with dustpan and brush).
Worth every penny in my case, but it only cost about half that much.:)

ya im going to have to get her fixed I just hope it does stop the problem. I don't mind the poo but the pee is just gross because If I don't always find it I think it is going to start to smell!! She is so friendly now so I hope she will still be friendly after the spay. Because it seems like she only became friendly when the hormones kicked in!!

OMG Harvey peed everywhere before he was neutered! Even on me and especially on the cats. Now that he's neutered he only pees in his boxes. I do get stray poo but that's easy to sweep up.

With Harvey he was pretty much friendly before and after. Only difference I noticed is that he is calmer and he actually gives me more attention instead of focusing on the cats as much haha.

Latest posts

Back