Will she forget me?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luluznewz

Reaction score
So I have some sort of sad news. I'm in a very hectic moving situation. I'm going to be moving into a new rented house on June 15th, but until then I have to stay with some friends. Unfortunately Lulu cannot come to the friends house. The landlord will not allow pets.

So that means Lulu will have to stay with my parents...I brought her here and set up a big pen that is half the size of my bedroom. she will have plenty of space to run in her "cage" to try to make up for the less out of the cage time she will get.

I'm really worried when I get her back she wont remember me and will be really upset. My parents are great with animals and are very excited to have her, but I don't want her to feel abandoned. How do you guys think a rabbit would take that sort of change? Twenty days is a really long time...

I'm very upset about having to have her go away for a while, but I really don't have much of a choice. I've never been away from her for more than a weekend...

Many years I moved from my parents home to my first apartment. I left Toy my Jersey Wooly with them until I was settled. It was like a mother and child reunion. He snuggled in my arms.

I'm sure she'll be fine! We've left Otto with friends for up to 2 weeks while we were on vacation and when he came home it was as if he never left. She might give you some bunny butt for a few days, but I'm sure she'll remember you.

Hugs to you and Lulu... Your parents sound absolutely terrific! Glad they love Lulu too :)

My buns remembered me after a 2 1/2 week trip, so I'm confident she will remember you, no probs! Needless to say, they didn't think my sister was as much fun as me :p. Lulu will be happy to have you home :)

Your buns will not forget you! Make sure to visit him when you can to keep the bond strong but he should be fine!

Don't worry about Lulu. From my experience Your pets always remember who you are!

And as for your worry that she may feel abandoned, remember that animals don't think in the same terms that we do. She may be mad for a little while that you left her for so long, but that's all. Both my hometown vet and my new vet feel the same way about the way animals think!

Good news!

I think I found a new house! The lease starts on June 1st so Lulu will be coming home as soon as I can make the 2 hours drive to the city to pick her up! Its very exciting.

The new houses is great. The carpets are a little outdated, but thats actually sort of nice because they wont really show minor damage. Also, Lulu has never gotten to live in a fully carpeted house so she is going to loooovvvvveeeeee to run on it!

I'm very excited. Also, there is a super secure deck directly off my bedroom so I plan no allowing her to have an outdoor run as well! Shes a lucky bunny. I will post pictures of the new house and her new set up as soon as we move in.

Thanks for the advice and supportive comments everyone!

Latest posts

Back