Will on one rabbit get lonley without a rabbit buddie?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RABBIT#1

Reaction score
Will on one rabbit get lonley without a rabbit buddie?

I am going to get a rabbit, and I would like to know if my rabbit will get lonely.:bunnydance::bunnydance:

I think you could make it up with enoughentertainment for your rabbit, such as chew toys. I plan on keeping myrabbit by itself, but its going to get spoiled. :bunnydance:

It depends on how much attention they get andwhether they're kept indoors or outdoors. Rabbits are verysocial animals. House bunnies are more a part of daily life,and even when you don't have time to let them out and play with themthey can still see people. Outdoor rabbits get lonely muchmore easily and really need to have a lot of time, several hours atleast, spent with them so they don't feel lonely. Withoutdoor rabbits it's more important to have a bonded pair because it'sdifficult to spend that much time outside with them.

But keep in mind that just because rabbits like each other when they'rebabies doesn't mean they'll be okay when they hit puberty.I've seen so many problems with littermates fighting when the hormonesset in. It's much better to adopt a spayed/neutered bondedpair from a shelter or to have the shelter help you bond twospayed/neutered rabbits.

Personally, I love having bonded rabbits. They're so cute when they snuggle together and binky together.

It reallydepends on the rabbit, somerabbits get lonely living on their own, even if they have lots ofattention from their human companions and are much happier with a bunnyfriend, however some rabbits don't get along with other rabbitsandare happier being only buns who are spoiltrotten!;) If you are worried about your bun being lonely I'dgo to a rescue, they usually have a lot of bonded bunnies who arelooking for homes and also you wouldn't have to worry about bondingthem yourself!:D

It makes no difference if they are related ornot. For instance, my 2 related bunnies will not get along no matterwhat but 2 of my completely unrelated bunnies get along awesome. Whengetting another bunny, you always run the risk of having to house themseperately for life so there is no guarentee with anything.

RABBIT#1 wrote:
Thank you. Will sisters and brothers go together good?

Brother and sister pairs can work well but the male must be neuteredasap, even then I'd be worried about the female becomingpregnant.:?I'd definitely recommend sister pairs though, mytwo girls are sisters from the same litterandtheyget along great!:D

Latest posts

Back