Will my rabbits be ok if I leave them for a month?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snooty

Reaction score
Hi!! I am so worried leaving my rabbits for a month. I have 1 free roaming rabbit and 6 caged ones- they all have a play day and backyard day. Will they be okif they don't get to play for a month?? My mum don't know how to handle them so she can only clean the cage feed and water them. I'm also worried that they will miss me and get sick(God forbid). I got them some play toys safe for rabbits and vitaminbut still I amworried cause they're so clingy to me. Thanks

Welcome to RO!

Agree with Kate. A month's a bit long to leave your bunnies. A few days maybe with Mom just cleaning and feeding. But no play time, not much interaction from you that I know they would miss, they would definitely need to left with someone who really knew rabbits and could tell what they needed. And Kate's right, when bunnies get sick you need someone to act swiftly.

Can you find someone who knows rabbits and would be willing to help out your Mom? You sound like you really love and enjoy your companions. I would make sure someone was there who felt the same as I do.

K:)

:yeahthat: We're lucky. If we go away, our son brings his 4 over and stays at our house. Try to get some help and if not, go over what constitutes an emergency and how to deal. They won't expire if they don't get out for a month--it's a bummer, but life does happen to us all.

^ I'm with Larry
Kudos to your mom for being a trooper!
While not getting a lot of out time isn't ideal, I think you may be able to work around it...
If the buns are in separate cages, you could construct a run that your mom could just pop the cage in, and open the door. Bun goes back in whenever, mom closes door.

They will be ok, though. Not thrilled, but ok.
Find a bun-savvy person in your area for your mom to have as an emergency contact/extra hands :)

Can't bring them with me cause it's an overseas trip. :(
I thought of this for a while and I'll ask my mum to let them have their play time. They have quiet a huge cage and I'm gonna give them lots of play toys before I leave... :) And if anything goes wrong... The vet hospital is just 10 mins drive from home. :)

If they had xpens [exercise pens] they could get exercise on their own. Otherwise the caged ones won't be getting any & who knows what the free-range one could get into for a month unsupervised.

Latest posts

Back