will my bunny be ok with these pellets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STEPHANIE11

Reaction score
Ok I ran out of pellets and i asked my mom to buy him some more pellets today well i get home and notice instead of rabbit pellets she got guinea pig pellets i probably cant get around to getting new pellets until friday. Is he going to be ok with guinea pellets or is it a really bad idea?

Is there any chance you could get the pellets sooner? It really would be helpful.A quick change in food can cause diarrhea and other GI issues, especially with a guinea pig food.

How old is he and do you feed him veggies? If you absolutely cannot get the food sooner than Friday, it would be best not to feed the guinea pig pellets at all and just feed hay and vegetables until you can get his normal food. Don't feed vegetables unless your bunny is already accustomed to them though.

It's not worth risking a GI upset due to the fast switch of pellets.

he is 2 years old, i am going to ottawa tomorrow all day and im leaving at 6 in the morning and wont be home till midnight there is not achance. He eats his veggies I guess i can just take the pellets away and give him veggies and hay thanks for your reply

I would just continue to feed him unlimited hay and veggies. He should be fine without pellets for a day or so.

Yeah, I would take the pellets away. Rabbits can't handle sudden changes in diet, so it's best to not feed the pellets at all until you can find the food he's used to.

I would also do just unlimited hay and veggies. Switching pellets suddenly can upset the GI tract.

Latest posts

Back