Wildfire passed suddenly

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry Dawn. How could thishappen? I hope you will know more after the test isrun. I am shocked.

You will be in my thoughts. Take care.:hug2:

Binky free Wildfire:rainbow:

Oh Dawn, I am so sorry. I will say a prayer and light a candle for you and Wildfire.

Binky free Wildfrire.

Susan:angelandbunny:

Oh no, Dawn, there are no words to tell you how sorry I am, I'm welling up here, Wildfire was just so beautiful.:cry2

Lots and lots of Hugs:hug:

Binky free beautiful girl :rainbow:

I'm so very sorry... (Words don't seem adequate right now.)

dawn....i'm soo sooo sorry :( wildfire was sucha sweetheart. i can't imagine what u're going through rightnow :(

let me know if you need help taking her to the vet...

rest in peace wildfire

I took her body in to the vets office this morning before work.

I haven't decided if I want a private cremation so I can get the ashesback or if I just want to say good bye and let them dispose ofher. I'm not sure what I would do with the ashes. Iguess I could burry them at my mom's house.

I'm waiting for the vet to call, but I'm sure that won't happed until the end of the day.

I feel so numb today. And my eyes are so puffy from cryingall last night, I don't think I've sobbed like that since high schoolwhen I was having family problems.

--Dawn

Oh Dawn, this is just gut wrenching.

I think you should keep her ashes. I think it would help with thegrieving process to have her with you or to bury her somewhere special.I know its awful to have to even think about this right now..

Maybe I'll look into some of the memorabilia you can have made.

I'm just not sure what I would do with a box of ashes. But ifI can get some if it turned into something to remember her by, thatwould be nice.

I'll have to looking into it when I get home from work.

--Dawn

I was looking when I thought Max was going topass. I'll see if I can find the site, but one had a box with a bunnyon top. Another had boxes you could have engraved with your pets nameor have a picture put on it or something special to remember her by..

Oh I'm so sorry! :bigtears:Istartedcrying whenI read this...I know howyou're feelingright now, my rabbit died by getting stuck in my friends fence, and Iwasn't there. I'm praying for you. I hope you're ok...Prayers, Heather

aurora369 wrote:
I took her body in to the vets office this morning before work.

I haven't decided if I want a private cremation so I can get the ashesback or if I just want to say good bye and let them dispose ofher. I'm not sure what I would do with the ashes. Iguess I could burry them at my mom's house.

I'm waiting for the vet to call, but I'm sure that won't happed until the end of the day.

I feel so numb today. And my eyes are so puffy from cryingall last night, I don't think I've sobbed like that since high schoolwhen I was having family problems.

--Dawn
Best to let the tears out now, it may sound weird, but I think thesooner you cry, the sooner you can begin to remember the good times(that's how it was for mewhen my cat passed).

I think if it were me I'd keep her ashes, my Berri is in the garden,it's nice to sit by there and remember her, though I know that isn'tthe same. But of course you just do what you feel is best. There arealso other things you can do as a memorial, like I have a cushion witha picture of Berri on it.

More hugs to you :hug1

I am so sorry Dawn. :cry4:
All the bunnies here will be in mourning.

Binky Free Wildfire. :rainbow:

6blwysn.jpg

Rainbows :pink iris:

Oh no, this is one of the last threads I wanted to see.

Its so hard to lose someone special, especially when there is nothing you can do.

Its important that you know that you gave her an amazing life, and she went to the bridge knowing she was loved.

Im so sorry and if there is anything I can do, ill do it.

Fly High little girl:innocent

i am so sorry. i know exactly what youare going through, i went thru the same thing about four months ago.just remember the good times and what a great life she had with you.RIP wildfire and binky free

:group:ro is here for comfort

ani-lover

Dawn,

I really want to be positive and upbeat for you - but I want you toknow that it is ok to grieve for a LONG time and to cry lots.It doesn't mean you're weak or something - it means that you loveddearly.

I remember driving out to see the kids about a month or so afterGingerSpice had passed away. Art & I had a fight that morningand everything seemed wrong...and the thought very verybriefly went through my mind, "If I just drove off the bridgesuddenly...I could be with GingerSpice. She loved me even when no oneelse did."

Needless to say, I didn't do that - and I recognized right off that Icouldn't do it ~ but my point is ~ sometimes in our grief ~ well ~ itlasts longer than we realize it will ~ and can hit us harder than wethink it will.

Peg

P.S. I still cry over her a lot.....but the pain is lessening a bit.

[align=center]:rose::hug1[/align]
Crying is good, because, as someone said before, you can remember thegood times faster. Crying is also your body releasing hormones to helpyou heal, so cry as much as you need to and for as long as you need to.

I'm so sorry! For some reason I just saw thisnow. I am in complete total shock and my husband thinks I am nuts forcrying so hard over a rabbit that isn't even mine. There aren't enoughwords to tell you how sorry I really am. She was a very wonderful babyand she was blessed to have you as a mommy.

She had a year and a half with me. Doesn't seem like much, but it's better than nothing.

I talked with one of the vet techs as the vet who preformed the necropsy had gone home for the day.

She died of a heart attack. But her stomach and intestineswhere empty, which according to the tech takes about 6 hours.She ate her pellets the night before and in the morning, along withhay. She was always good at eating her hay.

So now I wonder if it was her getting stressed out from some sort ofintestinal problem then compounded with me trying to clean her bumup. Or if there was an underlying problem.

I asked for the vet to call me tomorrow. And if he doesn'tcall before 11:30am, I'm going to call him as they have a developmentday from 12-3 where they don't answer the phones.

I've decided to get Wildfire's ashes back. I just need to figure out what to do with them.

--Dawn

Back