Wildfire passed suddenly

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good for you Dawn. I know this is hard. More :hug2:.

It's still hard for me to talk about as I lost BunBun lastSeptember. My husband will never forget it.Never. He has told me that he doesn't want to know about bunsthat pass on here because of BunBun. He watched himdie. Peacefully, mind you. He just never saw ananimal die, only pts. I can understand that, but, hello, wehave other pets, 2 of them being rabbits. I hate to say it,but, if and when Angel passes, he will not be human:shock:.

Sorry, I truthfully didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Grievances are hard.

My thoughts and prayers are still with you. Wildfire, Rest in Peace you little sweetheart.

Crystal, Robert, Angel and Snuffles:rose:

Im sooooooo very sorry. Wildfire was such abeautiful bun. She was one of my favorites. Its never easy losing arabbit. I still find my self crying. They are right it is best to justget it out now.

Oh, Dawn...I'm just seeing this. How my heart aches for you...and I find myself crying while reading this...

Words just cannot help at a time like this...but please know that yourfamily here at RO is here for you...for anything you might possiblyneed.

This is horrible...what a sad, sad day in the bunny world...

:sad::tears2:

I think it's good for you to do something with your sweet baby's ashes. You just let us know any way we can help, ok?

We all love you so much, and send love for your babies...

Rosie

Oh, Dawn, I just don't know what tosay... I felt so sick when I saw the title of the topic, andthen to find out it happened so suddenly, I can only imagine the shock!

Wildfire was such a stunning rabbit - a true beauty. I am pleased youare getting her ashes back - I have Fudge's and Perry's and I find it acomfort that they 'came home'.

I am thinking of you.

R.I.P. Beatuful Wildfire :cry1:

Jan

I just talked to the vet. Still not too much information.

He thinks she had heart disease. There was a lot of fluid in in the chest cavity and if the heart is not beating properly more blood goes through the lungs and pulls fluid into the chest cavity.Her heart was also slightly enlarged.

He also agreed that it could have been possible for her to have suffered a stroke a couple days before when she had the funny eye incident. Which can happen with bad blood circulation.

He said it takes about 4-6 hours for the GI track to empty.So I suspect that her poopy butt was the tail end of her GI track emptying.

He didn't think anything could have been done to prevent her death. Which eases my pain a bit, takes away the guilt of having done something wrong.

Now I just have to wait for her ashes to come back and find a suitable method of making a memorabilia from them.

--Dawn

Well, the least you have is that it probablywasn't preventable. That's reassuring. I'm really sorryDawn...:cry1:But at least she didn't suffer too long--and I'msure she had a wonderful year and a half with you.

:rip:Wildfire

I was pretty sure it was something likethat. At least it wasquick, painless andpeaceful. :pink iris:

(I dreamed about her last night). :cry2

I have some of my Dad's ashes in a tiny urn on a shelf in front of his picture.

:rip: Wildfire... You were some bunny. :hearts

sas :cry1:

Dawn, I'm glad you got some more answers - and(having gone through some things with family members and heartdiseases) was planning to write to say that there probably was nothingyou could have done to prevent what happened; also that you weren't thecause. (This came to mind before I saw your latest post.)

Your Wildfire was a wonderful bun, and I'm so glad she had someone like you to love and care for her.

Oh I am so very sorry for your loss, but gladthat you know for sure it was not your fault at all. We always blameourselves for every little thing initially.

She was a gorgeous bunny and well loved and I hope the pain you feelnow, lessens soon, so you can concentrate on the good times you had.

Binky free wildfire :rainbow:

Wildfire's ashes are ready to be picked up andI'm still deciding what I'm going to do with them. I want tosend some away to get made into a piece of jewelry and make a littlekeepsake box for the rest.

I've found some really neat pet memorial websites and there are quite a few options.

But I think building a little box myself will mean more than buyingone. I want to write some things on it and put my favouritepictures on it.

--Dawn

Dawn, just got your PM and I'm so shocked tohear this. I wasn't sure that I read right and had to read it a fewtimes over. I'm so very sorry about Wildfire - I know she'll never beforgotten but I hope you feel better soon. R.I.P. Wildfire :(

Back