Wildbaxteke

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aurora369

Reaction score
Well, I figured these three should have their own official blog to start the new year off.

They got a brand new 5x2 NIC condo to move into once they arrived homefrom a vacation at SAS's house (while I was off visiting Australia).

So here's their new home:

Although they are currently in the foster's section, and they will bemoving upstairs to the penthouse this week end. It will beidentical except just on the top. The bottom is made of 1/2"plywood covered in linolium then the edge is lined with metalstripping.

And here are a few more pictures:

I'll have to take some more in the next few days. They arereally loving the play tube I got from SAS, and the paperbag. Zeke loves digging on the paper bag, and it got him soexcited that he started spraying while digging yesterday.That was kind of interesting to watch.

--Dawn

Awesome cage! (Wanna put it on the NICcage thread for future reference?) And boy is Zeke gettingbig!:shock:

BTW what breed is he? Mini rex?

When did you have time to do all that?! :shock2:That is amazing!

It seems like a very great use of space. Great work!:blueribbon:

PS. How was Australia?

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Look at Baxter here, he looks so little!

Jan172007+006.jpg

Great condo! I'm glad everyone is settled. Now to get those foster babies back!

Naturstee: Once the cage iscompletly finished, I'm planning on adding it to the NIC condothread. I still need to build the one that's going on top andorganize the bunny area before I take more pictures.

Zeke is half standard Rex, and half angora, but he ended up with rexfur. One of his sisters has rex fur and the rest are fluffy.

Haley: It took my boyfriend and I a week end to build(well it could have taken an afternoon but we took our time and spreadit out). We're going to finish the other cage this week end.

And Australia was great! I actually have a tan in the middleof winter, and we took about 1300 pictures! I'll try to postsome when they've been sorted through.

Snuggys Mom: Baxter was the one getting picked on a bit, but noweverything is all lovey dovey, except for Zeke's humping.Although he's got a neutering appointment for this Tuesday, so I'mhoping that will really help.

The poor little guy is just full of hormones, and he really wants tohump Wildfire all the time, but she keeps running away when hetries. So Baxter ends up with the brunt of the humping, justbecause he sits there and takes it.

Baxter did have a little fun this morning. I opened the cageto give them their dish of pellets, and Baxter rushed the door, zoomingright through the door, then continued to go for a jont around theliving room. He's so easy to catch though, because he justloves people so much that he'll come to anyone who show's interest inpetting him.

Jordiwes: Baxter is so far the biggest of the three,but I have suspect that Zeke may be bigger as his mom was quitbig. But we'll have to wait and see. According toLisa, Baxter weighs about 6 pounds.

--Dawn

Your babies are so adorable!!! Ofcourse, I'm a bit partial to the lops...so I just LOVE Baxter and thoseears! :D

Glad to hear your trip went well! What all did you guys dothere? Fun fun fun, in the warm summer sun! :)

He should look similar, except she's very fatand on a diet now. So besides the huge lopsided dewlap, Benjiwill look similar. I found that Wildfire's babies started outa light orange colour, and darkened with age. By the age ofabout 6 months they where about the same colour as Wildfire was.

She's a sweet little muffin too. I was worried she wouldn'tcuddle with me after she was bonded with her boys, but she actuallycuddles more now. I think she understands how much effort I'mputting in when petting her, because she doesn't get the same fromeither of the boys.

--Dawn

PS: I'm going to put some more pictures up soon!

Poor Zeke got neutered today... Hereally did not enjoy the bus ride or the vet's office, but all wasforgiven once we got home. He's now lounging on the shelf andhas eaten some parsley, lettuce, hay, and pellets. Such agood little boy, knows better than to worry mommy.

Here's a pictures of his poor little empty sacks (click for bigger view):

you can see that they just took the testicles out, and left the sacksthere. I wish I had taken a before picture too.Maybe I will with the foster boys, they go in next Tuesday.

And here are some cute pictures:

Wildfire's funny stretch:

And the really big, and really cool stacker cages that Ibuilt. Not 100% finished yet, sitll have to put spray guardsand shelf lining up on the top one.

--Dawn

Aww...poor Zeke...probably thought, "Hey!! Those were THERE when I went to sleep!! What'd you do with 'em!"

Cute pics (aside from that one, that is...hehe)!! Your babies are so cute...

*heart melts*

Kisses to all!!

Rosie*

Well, the vet tech warned me that now that heknows how to do it, he may continue. It doesn't always stopit 100% once their neutered. But I'm hoping for the best, andthat he'll calm down.

I know he's still young, and teenagerish, but he's such a sweet heartand loves people so much. I caught him humping this morning,so he must not be that sore...lol!

I'm prepared to deal with some spraying, the cage already has splash gaurds all around the cage to protect the walls.

Nothing to do now but wait a few months for his hormones to die down.

--Dawn

So cute, I love that photo of the two of them all squished up together :)!! I love the colour of the cages too!!!!

Thanks Bangbang, I like the fun colours too.

So, the new cages are now at full capacity. The fosters had their spays/neuters on friday and they are now all snug in the bottom cage. My guys have been moved to the colourful penthouse, as the back has now been lined with coroplast in case Zeke decides to start spraying again.

But, so far, Zeke has not sprayed and he's even backed off on most of the humping. Their cage is nice and tidy, no mess outside the litter box besides the customary few poops.

The fosters on the other hand, are a mess! I cleaned them last night, and now the cage stinks again. I'm pretty sure they're just peeing on the floor, and its pooled under the litter box. So I'm going to have to work hard to get them all using the litter box. Expecially since they are supposed to stay clean and dry after their surgeries.

I will be re-arranging all the living room furniture today once my friend gets here to help. So once every thing is all in order, I'm going to let the buns out to play, which means more pictures. Hopefully I'll be able to post some later today.

--Dawn

Time for a few more pictures!

Baxter loves to flop and lounge, check out this butt

And sometimes you can catch all three snuggling

Sometimes Zeke gives him a little snuggle

Oh, and I discovered that Baxter has no treat grabbingmanners. If your not quick enough, he'll take your fingerwith the treat...

Finally, here is the three headed craisan monster

I just love these guys so much! They all have such uniquepersonalities, but they just mesh so well. Makes me go allgushy just looking at them.

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back