wild times and crazy vet bills!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cirrustwi

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
So, I had just found this forum while I was outof town visiting my brother, which was crazy on its own -- had to takemy rabbits, ferrets and dogs because my normal pet sitter wasunavailable -- and when I got home, my Mom's boyfriend's son had beenusing my computer and I have no idea what he did to it, but it isdead. I've had it to 4 of my friend who know about computersand they can't figure it out, so I guess I have to break down and paysomeone to fix it. However I also had to go right back out oftown because my boyfriend's aunt passed away. When I got homemy mom said the Basil, my mini rex, wasn't "acting right" but she isshy and I just thought it was that. I cleaned her cage andshe came out to play and seemed ok, but the next day, she hadn't poopedat all. So off to the vet for surgery for ablockage. Apparently she had eaten some carpet (she has NEVERdone that before). Then my ferret, Bailey, who had adrenalgland cancer developed a respiratory infection and had to go to the vetfor antibiotics and IV fluids. Also my cat had to go in fortreatment for a nasty skin condition. I think I've paid myvets' salaries for the next 3 months in the last 2 weeks!Everyone seems ok right now, and I hope it stays that way. Myemergency vet fund is really depleted :(

I am so sorry to hear about all the trouble youseem to be having right now with things. That is horrible! I have tosay that I am very glad it happend to you, only because a lot of peoplewouldn't spend the money to treat their animals like you have. I amsure you will be repaid ten-fold soon for your good deeds! Will keepour fingers crossed that the worst is over for you.

Fergi's mom

Oh i'm so sorry:(. I hope your pets are ok andstay that way. a few years ago my bunny didn't eat, drink, orpoopedfor a day, so we had to take him to an emergency vethospital because it was a saturday and nobody else was open. We had togive him medicine for a time and he is all better and very happynow.I am glad that your bunny is ok, some rabbitsdon't do sowell in surgery.

-Caitlin

Good Grief, cirrustwl! :shock:

Bad enough that you worry about them, and then you have this to dealwith when you get home. I'm so very sorry. I wish I lived closer to youso that I could've given you a hand. Those poor animals couldn't'vebeen happier than to see you walk through that door, I'm sure.

It was either spend the money or watch them die. You certainly went 100extra miles, cirrustwl. I'll be relieved when you say that everyone'shome and okay and you find a new petsitter.

I will pray that their recoveries are quick and complete.

Can't believe they even managed to kill your computer. :X

-Carolyn

Oh dear! Good luck with allthat. I know the feeling tho, I had to rush my chinese waterdragon to the vet yesterday, only to have him pass away.Luckily my vet is very understanding and only charged me the cost ofthe medicine to put him to sleep.

Just remember there is a silver lining to every cloud, and the overcast sky will clear up to shine light down again.

Best wishes and thoughts going out to you!

Oh I'm glad they're all on the mend. I hope itcontinues that way for you. Youve already had your share and then some.Sending prayers and thoughts your way.

Lanna

What a nightmare time you're having?!Things can only get better! And I'm glad you have the heartto do all you can to save your animals! You are truely astar, cirrustwi!

Ang xx

I am so sorry you had so much bad luck but happyeveryone seems ok now. Sometimes its not about people notbeing willing sometimes there just isnt any money topay. When my cat was attacked by dogs my vet workedwith me with the bill which was olmost 300. took it in three payments.I can work with that amount but if it costed lots more i cant say forsure a vet would be willing to work with something more longterm. Thats where i wonder am i wrong for keeping pets. I cansomehow do a bill for 200 or 300 but if my cat or bunnies needed a lifesaving surgery of a 1000 or more. (just throwing those numbers out.)Theres no way unless it was a long time payment plan could i pay forit) Dont know how to word this.Just want thoughts on this. Should someone own apet if they cant afford the chance of a life threating problem. againnot talking about 200 or 300. Not goingto give my animals up cause what is done is done. Just wondering whatwould your thoughts be.

Cristy

:(How awful! You have had a really bad time!

Did you try to do the old reformat stuff for the computer? orrestore? I can't believe she managed to kill yourcomputer!!!!

I'm happy the critters seem better now! I know someone whohad the problem with a rabbit chewing carpet. I have to watchBo, but we think we have him broke of that for the most part.... I justcan't trust him.

Latest posts

Back