wild rabbits...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littled

Reaction score
my job has a huge open field in the back inwhich we sometimes work close by to... several of us leave bird seed,bread, etc for the critters back there- which include rabbits, birds,field mice, bob cats, possum, etc... anyway there are about 3 or 4 wildrabbits back there- all of whom eat some bread and other scraps that weleave back there- they have become acostumed enough to us that usuallythey'll will eat our snacks within 3 or 4 feet from where we stand...this one bun' though is comfortable enough to where he'll hesitantlytake a piece of bread right out of my hand- i didn't do it deliberatelyhe kinda snuck up while i was feeding another- should we stopfeeding them altogether so he'll break the habit? or would it be okayto kep throwing some snacks out when they're not around?...

jmo, but i wouldnt be present when they're allout munching. it just gets them too used to people, and not all peopleare nice and will leave them alone :( not to mention theymight venture further in where more cars are etc.. i dont know if icould even stop feeding them all together myself heh :) but i'd watchfrom a window or something..

Spiced77 is right. You don't want themto get too comfortable around people or depend on them forfood. The snacks will also disrupt their normal diet.

Pam

Also keep in mindyou are FEEDING a whole myrid ofdifferent species , IE: bobcat, raccoons,oppossums etc ALL preditors ,

Rabbit is a Prey species to thesedifferent animals think aboutwhat you are inviting ,

Your inviting in not only a chance tolose the rabbits asis, but your own safetyIS in jeporady . Some of theseAnimals you are inviting in tooeat can and will attack in ablink of an eye , gotten to used tohumans will definatelyencourage attacks . Bewise stop feeding theWildlife and be safe.

Good point Gypsy -- most certainly will attract rats :?

Pam

babytriosmall.jpg

i agree... my instinct told me we should backoff but they're sooo cute... i'll spread the word at work tom. that weneed to chill- thanks for the input

i have a mother bun and her baby that eat undermy bird feeder ( I have to feed the birds)...kinda hard tokeep scraps away when the birds are so messy......i have never got thatclose to a wild rabbit they usally run off...they really run when i letmy dogs out but i try to scare them away before i let the dogs out...

gypsy wrote:
Also keep in mind youare FEEDING a whole myrid of differentspecies , IE: bobcat, raccoons, oppossumsetc ALL preditors ,

Rabbit is a Prey species to thesedifferent animals think aboutwhat you are inviting ,

I was thinking the same thing. I call it feeding the coyotes. :shock:

Latest posts

Back