'Wild' Harlequin Rabbit Update

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
Well everyone, I'm making progress in my attemptto save the maleharlequin (I think it's a male harlequin, butI'm just guessing right now)rabbit. I've been spending a lotof time up where I first saw him and am leaving food out all the time.He has come to regard me as non-threatening but I have to watch what Ido. He comes right up to me and he lets me rub his nose, but only fromthe tip of his nose to about the area between the eyeballs. If I go anyfarther he takes off and I have to do it slowly or whoosh, he'sgone! I have yet to attempt to catch himpurely for the reasonthat I'm afraid that I may have to start all over if I don't succeed ingrabbing him. I can't use a cage to catch him, he wont go near one,even if there is goodies in it. My only choice seems to be wait untilhe lets me touch his back so I can pick him up. It's really bugging methough, he doesn't use his front right paw when he hops and I'mthinking he hurt it.

But anyways, that's my update for now.

That's fascinating, Laura.

Definitely keep us updated.

:)

-Carolyn

Aww, I hope you catch him.

If all else fails, use a fishing net or something. I could never evercatch Megan when I first got her, we either had to chase her into acorner and block her off, throw a blanket over her...or pet her and actnice then grab her as quick as we could without her knowing it wascoming.

sometimes you just gotta be aggressive...now we have no problems, mosttime she sits pawing at your legs, wanting to be picked up...hurray!lol

Good luck on your quest to capture the bun. Iwatched a Houston Animal Cops episode once where they were trying tonew a bunch of buns someone had abandoned in a back yard. The poorofficers were sweating like crazy! It took them forever to catch them,they ended up having to spray a hose at them under a deck they werehiding under. Thankfully in the end they all got new adoptive homes andhopefully your little guy will too if you get close eneough to nab him.

Fergi's mom

Bad news everyone. I think a coyote got him lastnight. :(I'm kicking myself right now for not being moreforceful in trying to catch him.

I went up this morning with some food as usual, normally by morningalmost all the hay that I left is gone an dhe's sitting nearby justwaiting for me. Well I went up to find his pellets gone (it could havebeen a bird of something that ate them though), his hay full, andminimal fresh droppings. So I went searching around a bit and found afew chunks of his black and white fur and some drops of blood nearby. :(

I'm so mad I could kick myself for not trying harder to catch him.

Oh Laura! I'mso sorry! I was about to go post a good luck post to you, butnow this... Things don't really look too good for him dothey? And it looked like you were making some good progresstoo. Well, don't be too angry with yourself. If youhad been more forceful, then he might have gotten so scared that hewould have never come back. I think you did all you could,more than most other people would do.

--Melissa and Umbra

Latest posts

Back