Wild Baby Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

detown

Reaction score
I just rescue a 4" long baby rabbit from a pack of cows today in the parking lot.

His right eye were pecked and bleeding.

It's been a while now, he already stop shaking.

Doesn't seems to like chopped carrot......Even try to escape from the cage I made for him!!

What should i do? Take him to the vet? Set him free?

Hell......I don't even know it's a boy or girl.

At 4 inches long the bunny should be old enough to fend for itself if healthy. Vet bills for a bunny you might not want to keep or be able to tame is your choice. There are not many places to look for help with wild bunny rescues so it is going to be a decision of whether or not you can afford and are willing to try to keep it/rehab it or whether you let nature takes its course or euthanasia according on extent of the injuries.

Along with what fantaysha said wild rabbits are hard to care for. Since this rabbit is old enough to care for itself, but wasn't, I'm guessing there is some underlying issue that is not seen. Especially if the eye has been pecked and bleeding. You can try to give it some clover from outside. All together it is a tough decision to make. I'm sorry you were put in this situation. It can sometimes be hard being compassionate towards defenseless animals.

ok what you can do, this is so I know about the bunny, the bunny has a good coat of fur right and the eyes are open right ok at 4 inches I can't tell you if they can fed for themselves my bunnies are much bigger then that when they are weened.

OK if you still have the bunny you need to clean the eyes get some warm water a little less then luke warm put table salt in it just to taste it, take a clean wash rag (have the clothes you use for babies human babies they are real soft) get the clothe wet and hold it to the eye of the little bunny and do this to clean it from what ever is on it. once you have cleaned it look at the eye is it hurt? is it there is there anything in it? ok let's say you see stuff in it.
Get a earagator the things you wash out your ears with fill it with warm water not the water you use to clean the eye with to see what the damage was but new clean water you can put salt in it the same to taste but at this point you don't need to. open the eye and just let a few drops go in you will see if there is any damage if there is there is not much you can do. ok so you see there is damage get clean water agian and always rise and clean the thing you are putting water in. fill it again and put salt to taste and luke warm water in it. ok drip some in the eye but pull down the bottom of the eye so this will get in it and then do the same fior the top of the eye if buny sqirms tomuch take a towel or if you can a large wash clothe and wrap the bunny in it this will make it easier to work on, ok now make sure you have this all in the eye and pat it dry don't pat to hard or you will hurt bunny.
Next get some vaseline or triple antibiotic sauve and put it in the eye make sure it is covering the whole eye then put enough to cover the outside of the eye. this helps with not letting stuff get in the eye. Next go to the store and get Goats milk it is in a can if you know someone that milk their goats this is best but the can will do. get a eye dropper like for kids to be given meds in they look l;ike this
images-1.jpg

warm the goats milk to less then luke warm and just put some to the mouth of the bunny just enough to lick it off the if it is hungry that you can try a drop just a little one put it on the side of the mouth and just put a little in. take notice if it poops if not take a warm clean wash rag and pull it over the pee pee and butt hole it should go to the bathroom.

If it is old enough you can try to feed it pellets I would mix them with water so it knows what it is and us the dropper to feed it once it knows what it is it should feed go out and get some grass put it in with the bunny this is so if it can eat on it;s own you will see gras gone.

Wild bunnnies are the hardest to raise I don't know if a vet knows what to do not all vets know about all animals as I have found out but this is all I know.

Rhayden

Latest posts

Back