Wilbur Not Feeling Well

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOOOSKA

Reaction score
Poor Wilbur is under the weather. He did not take his papaya tablet this morning. or eat any breakfast. I have given him 3 doses of the Ovol. I've been giving him lots of tummy rubbies, you can really hear his tummy gurgling as i rub it.

What's next on the agenda? Thanks for help.

Susan and Wilbur

Hi Susan,

How's Wilbur feeling now? Is he starting to stretch out since the tummy rubs? I think bigger bunnies take a while to move the gas through their tummies. Maybe try some cilantro, or an herb that will help calm his tummy. Make sure he drinks something to stay hydrated with lots of hay available. You could even try some bene-bac if you have that available.

Sorry no one has responded sooner to your post. This is my first time on in a while, and your post was the first I saw. Now I'm going to be all worried about him.

:pray:

Thanks for responding Janet and Autumn, it took quite a while for him to feel better this time. He wouldn't eat a thing while he was not feeling well. I heated up the rice sock andheld it against him for quite a whileand just gave him tons of tummy rubbies, His poor little (well big really) tummy was gurgling so much. I felt so bad for him.

Finally after many hours he is back to almost normal.

Susan:)

This is awesome to hear, Sooska. One of our fur-kids was going through non-eating and gassy tumm concerns on Thurday PM. With exercise, simethicone, and a dose of metacam, he did okay. It sure can scare you when they lose their normal appetite.
Extra TLC to Wilbur,

Oh Susan that is great to hear....i had been wondering how he was...

I'm glad to hear Wilbur is doing better.

I am starting to think that the bigger the bunny, the more they look like they are dying from the dreaded gassy-tummy. My Callie looked absolutely dreadful the first time I saw her with a gassy-tummy. I felt so bad for her. I even called Naturestee to make sure I was doing everything right for her. Naturestee said the exact same thing, that big bunnies know how to make gas-attacks look like death. Now I just relax with Callie, give her the simethicone and tummy rubs and send her on her way.

myheart

myheart wrote:
I am starting to think that the bigger the bunny, the more they look like they are dying from the dreaded gassy-tummy.
I agree. Shadow always scares the heck out of me.

Glad to hear Wilbur's doing better, Susan. It usually takes a few doses of Ovol for Shadow, too!

Jan

Jan go check out the pictures on my main blog of Wilbur from yesterday when he wasn't feeling well. Can I say Big Suck. The poor boy i felt so bad for him though.

Susan:)

Latest posts

Back