Wii games?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumpkinandwhiskersmom

Reaction score
Hey all...I was wondering if anyone has a favorite Wii game? I want to get something new, but don't have a clue about what would be good. I'm definitely not into the heavy shooting games...too uncoordinated for them! Thanks for your ideas!

What have you already got? What do you like?

My personal faves are Mario Kart, Bust-A-Move, Bomberman

And then I like playing Samba De Amigo with my mum.

Having just looked at all the games we have there are some that make me really want to play them now when I haven't for ages, like Sonic, Mario Party 8.

Excitebots. It's an insane racing game made by Nintendo and it's my newest addiction. I wasn't thrilled with Mario Kart, which all my friends have, but I really like this one.

What else do you have/like? What about rail shooters (like in arcades)? I've been playing House of the Dead: Overkill a lot. It's over the top cheesy '70s horror film fun. Not for kids or people who don't like a ton of swearing though. Madworld is great, again not if you have kids watching as it's purposefully crude and comic book style brutal.

If you don't have it yet, Boom Blox is a fantastic game. I like Samba de Amiga also, but some people can't get used to the controls which can be slightly off. Sam & Max is a lot of fun. It's classic point-and-click adventures with great humor. The Trauma Center games are great, part of what made me want the Wii in the first place. Anime-style surgery, woot! Oh, and Elebits and Zack & Wiki if you've never played them. Seriously.

Is it hooked up to the internet? There are a ton of games you can get for cheap through WiiWare and Virtual Console.

Games I haven't played but would like to eventually- De Blob, Deadly Creatures, Wario Land Shake It, Rune Factory Frontier.

I <3 my Wii.

We've got MarioKart, Trivial Pursuit, Paper Mario, Wii Games, and a couple that our sons play that are completely foreign to me. I have been a major Mario addict since the first NES platform came out. We are hooked to the 'net, and have gotten Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. 2. I don't like games with a lot of blood and stuff...too gross for me! Thanks!

I LOVE MARIO KART!! Best wunnnn! :D
I'm no help really lol sorry..

Whoa, no Super Mario Galaxy??? That game is awesome! You might also like Wario Land, and Klonoa which just came out.

And Boom Blox. I don't know anyone who doesn't like it. Even my 17 year old nephew is addicted to it and he usually goes for the blood-and-guts games. And you're missing Super Mario 3! Actually my favorite from that era was Donkey Kong Country. Do try it, it's fantastic and still plays really well. I downloaded the first Kirby game too, which I had never played as a kid. It's fab.

I still suggest Sam & Max, Elebits, and Zack and Wiki. And those three are all pretty cheap too.:)

What is Boom Box Naturestee? I looked up Excitebots but we don't have that over here. I'm trying to find a game my dad might like for his birthday.

Yeah, I don't think Excitebots is out in Europe yet.

Here's some info for Boom Blox:
http://wii.ign.com/objects/892/892269.html

It's essentially a really fun puzzle game. Some puzzles you throw things to knock towers down in the fewest number of throws, others you slide pieces out like Jenga, figure out how to set of chain reactions with a single throw, some shooting games (at blocks not critters/people) really a pretty wide variety. And they're all really well made and the physics works really well. 2 single player modes, both are really fun. 4 person multiplayer, either cooperative or competitive.

It was a bit of a sleeper hit and didn't get much attention at first, but it sold well because one person buys it, shows it to their friends and they all buy it cause it's awesome, etc. There's a sequel coming out really soon. It will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

I think I'll go play Boom Blox some more now.:D

Little king's story
It's so fun you gotta build up a town and defend it from evil creatures best game I played in ages!

I can't wait for that to be released in the US.:(

Although that reminds me- New Play Control Pikmin! I've only played the Gamecube version but from the reviews the Wii controls are a great addition.

Boom Blox sounds really good, and I never even thought of Super Mario Galaxy. Thanks for the ideas, and keep 'em coming! I love to hear about new stuff, even if it's just new to me!;)

I LOVE Mario Kart!! It's amazing. Me and my friends played it pretty much the whole time while we were away, and I got everyone converted to using the controller with the nunchuck as opposed to the wheel- much more controlled steering that way.

Anyway, Mario Party is an awesome game. It's kind of like a board game- you throw the dice, move along the board, you get different bonuses, bad things happen, etc etc. You also get to do mini-games with other players, to try and score more points. It's very random and very fun!

Also, have you got WarioWare? That's great too. It is THE most random thing ever though. You have to master different 'moves' with the wii-mote, and then complete challenges with them. For instance. use the wii-mote as a broom, and then brush leaves away from a yard, as a crazy old lady character. The games are all very short, and once you complete it you unlock multi-player mode and you can play some great team games (before we unlocked the multi-player mode we just took it in turns to complete it).

I also got Steve Monopoly for his birthday which looks really good but we haven't managed to play it yet...

Raving Rabbids, anyone? LOL I love that game. It's silly and it's fun. You really get into it!

But mostly on the Wii I'm playing Guitar Hero: World Tour. That or my Grey's Anatomy game haha.

Mostly when I'm using the Wii, I just do the Wii Fit. I don't do that nearly as much as I should! Partly, I'm lazy. Also, our living room is small, so I have to move the sofa to get the Fit board in a good position.

We got de Blob last month, but I haven't played it yet. Jason said it's not that fun, but he likes shooter games.

Mario Galaxy is my favourite game for the Wii I really enjoyed that, was sad to finish it really! Also Mario Kart is a lot of fun, but I unlocked everything on that so only play it occasionally multi-player lately. I got Paper Mario for Christmas and I've barely played it, it seems good enough but there is so so much talking in it that can't be skipped and I can't be bothered with all that.

Wario-ware is really funny, bit rubbish on your own but fun multi-player, same with Rabbids I. Rabbids II is a pile of crap imo. What else do we have.. it belongs to my little brothers so we have a lot of little boy games like WWE etc. but they got Lego Indianna Jones and I have to say I rather liked that. Super Smash Brothers Brawl of course is good too if you like that kind of thing. Mario and Sonic at the Olympics was poor imo. I can't think of anymore..

I want BoomBlox and Trauma Centre they are on my to get list. :)

Latest posts

Back