Wii Games - What should we get for Christmas?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirst3buns

Reaction score
We have only had our Wii for a short time. We have Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros and Guitar Hero. I'm getting Wii Fit for Christmas for me. I think my sister is getting us animal crossing: city folk with Wii speak.

My kids are asking for more Wii games and I'd like to get games the whole family can enjoy too. My kids are 12 (boy) and 9 (girl).

Mario Kart is something we all enjoy.

I can't even think what else we have. That's all we play at the mo.

I highly reccomend Wii Play and Wii Sports, they are really good and My Sims and Big Brain Academy those are the main one's we play on.

We're getting Wii Fit for Christmas, I can''t wait !!!!!!!

Wii Sports is really good, but I think that comes with the Wii, am I wrong? I know we loved playing the bowling together last Christmas Day...

Wii Play is good too! Although I was surprised you didn't get more in it for the money...

MarioKart is the BEST! We love it! And Wario Wares is brilliant too- honestly we all collapsed laughing trying to pump the balloon lol! I'd say that one has the best laugh factor :biggrin2:

This makes me want to get the Wii out and have a play, but someone *cough* MOUSE! *cough* had a nibble on one of the cables so we need to order a replacement.... :disgust:

Sounds like Mario Kart should be on my list and maybe wii play too. I think we got wii sports with the wii if that's the one with bowling. I looked up Rayman Raving Rabbids and it got great reviews but my son looked at the screen shots and said he didn't like the look of it. Hmmm, maybe we can rent that one first. Thanks for the suggestions!:) I'm going shopping this weekend.

Wii Play has very little on it, I don't like it personally. We only got it as it came with a Wiimote for an extra £5. It is worth it for that price though.

I hardly every use my Wii anymore(I prefer my XBOX 360) but my favorite game was Zelda. Its definately the BEST wii game. Its not a multiplayer game but i'm 100% sure your kids would love it, espeically your 12yo.

I wasn't a fan of Wii Play. The games were rather boring and simple.Like a crappy version of Wii sports. The only reason I bought it was that I needed another wiimote and it was 5$more for the wiiplay/wiimote combo.

I ould also suggest Lego games(lego star wars, indiana jones, batman). I haven't played them on the wii, only the xbox, but I love them. They are super fun and kid friendly. They can be played alone or with 2 players.

Also, a tip for buying games, buy them on Ebay. You will save a TON of money. I buy all my games off ebay and rarely spend more then 10-20$ for brand new, sealed games. Although, now that its almost Xmas the prices are going a bit higher I noticed.

Wii Music looks very fun and interesting. There's lots of different instruments to play.

I am asking for a Wii for X-mas and I want the games Wii Sports & Wii Music. Those are the two I'd play the most, lol.

Emily

My younger nieces love both of the Raving Rabbids games. Elebits is also a great game that's meant for kids, but I like it a lot too. You have to run around looking for little creatures to collect with your zappy gun, and you have to throw stuff around and make a mess to find them all because they hide. It's super cheap now, too cause it came out a while ago.:biggrin2:

Link's Crossbow Training is also a lot of fun. If you don't want the cheesy plastic gun thingy, you can get just the game used for only $3-5 at GameStop.

Also, do you have you Wii connected to the internet? There are a ton of games available for $5-15 for download. There's a huge collection on the Virtual Console which is older games from NES, SNES, N64, Sega, and a few other old systems. And WiiWare has new downloadable games. Like... Mega Man 9 styled after 1 and 2. Utterly fabulous!

I usually wait for prices to come down, but I will probably get De Blob and Wario Land Shake. They both look great and would be fun for kids too.

Oh, my sister loves playing We Ski with her Wii Fit board. That's another good kid/family one.

I also don't care for Wii Play, I think we played all the games on it once and put it away.

I love my Wii and play it all the time. Currently addicted to Trauma Center: New Blood. Mmm, emergency surgery with a Wii remote... Bit hard for kids but it is clean/safe and anime-styled, not realistic, if you're curious. The first one was great and is pretty cheap now. I also love anything involving shooting zombies but you might not consider that child-appropriate.

"I also love anything involving shooting zombies but you might not consider that child-appropriate."

Definately not child appropriate but my other favorite Wii game is Resident Evil 4!!! I love to kill me some zombies :)

I love RE:4, it's my favorite Wii game hands down. Have you tried RE: Umbrella Chronicles? It's like an arcade shooting version of Resident Evil 0, 1, and 3 (plus a new section) and it's two player. My hubby and I finished playing all the way through it together the other day. Cheesy goodness.

I came back to add that everyone I know who has played Boom Blox really likes it, it's also on my "to buy when cheaper" list. Definitely a good family game.

Also, be aware that you can play Gamecube games on the Wii, you just need a Gamecube controller and memory card. You can get most stuff super cheap. Chibi Robo is fantastic!

I rented Wii music for my two kids on a whim and they are absolutely LOVING playing it. I recommend it along with mariokart and super smash brothers brawl

Guitar hero is good too, your son might enjoy that, mind you, so might yout daughter, but you might need two guitars.

Latest posts

Back