Wiggles is Going Downhill Again

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsBinky

Reaction score
*Sighs*

I'm really discouraged. I don't even know what to look for anymore.

I have been trying to get Wiggles to maintain her weight since her surgery but it keeps fluctuating. She's eating plenty but isn't putting any weight on. I thought maybe to change the food but the others are doing great with it. I really think it's a problem with her.

I can hear Wiggles pee. It sounds like a fountain. I never hear the others pee so I don't know why she has that problem. I will have that looked into. Maybe it's a UTI... She does have urine stained paws and the fur has started thinning in some places and the skin looks red and sore. Luckily, I caught it early so it really isn't so bad.

It's hard to describe. She's really really agitated and biting everything in sight. That's just not her.I can't seem to soothe her in any way. Her eyes are so much bigger and rounder than usual. It's a bit scary really. It looks like her eyes have leaked but they haven't. Just the fur around it makes it look that way.

I just really hope it's nothing serious. I feel paranoid now with all the losses we have had lately. I'm really tired of having to deal with thingsand crying alone.I hope she is ok and that there isn't something else going on. :(

Yeah it is.

It's on her feet. I'm gonna apply some neosporin on it. Not the triple kind. Should I bathe her feet first though?

Ok. Thanks, I will bathe them. As for the fur, well being that she'sa rex there really isn't much to trim. I'm not going to put herback with Bam-Bam tonight. I'm gonna set her up in another cage and get her feeling better first. Well... Unless she gets too depressed from being away :?

To top it all off the kitten has diarrhea because the pet shop had no more of her food again.

This is gonna be another long night isn't it? Lol.

if you can I would get her to the vet in the next couple of days to check for a UTI because it's possible that the scalding is because of the weak urine flow or because of too much calcium...

Yeah... It appeared darker and redder. I had convinced myself i was being paranoid and it was just her tinted chew toy but I recently decided it needed a more thorough investigation. MrBinky had given the ok to have it checked but she just looks off tonight. :?She's eating plenty though. I hope it's "just" a UTI.

reading in a rabbit medical text about red urine, says that beetroot, cabbag, broccoli and dandelions can cause reddish urine... but it could also be a small amount of blood mixing with the urine. So if they used natural dyes on the red toy it's possible they used beets and it IS causing the red urine...

Yeah that's the thing... It is all vegetable dye. However, due to the sudden fountain pee, stronger smell, and sudden loss of litter habits I would just prefer having the test done anyway. Worst that can happen is it cost an arm but I'll have had my peace of mind. After everything she's been through, I wouldn't want to ignore a potential problem and cause it to worsen. :?I do hope that it is just the dye and that maybe it's just a behavioural thing. :dunnoThough if it is, I might have to spank her... Lol.

I would keep her with with Bam-Bam, as it's very stressful to be away from their bonded mates.

You can feed her separately (if you haven't been already) to ensure Bam-Bam is not eating more than his share.

I would definitely get her urine tested for a UTI, and barring that you may want to get her kidneys checked out.

--Dawn

Oh, I hope she's okay...keep us posted, ok?

:pray:

We can hear Tony pee but it's his pee hitting the plastic of the litterbox. Is hers a strong pee or is it that she's straining?

Can you get her the plastic mat like we use in the litterbox? that might help with the urine scald.

Have you had her poo checked? Worms, parasites of other form can cause the whole bad hair stuff.

Poor Wiggles :(

Sending good thoughts your way. I would get her checked for a UTI

As for the paws- are you sure its just not sore hocks? Every rex Ive met has the red calluses on their paws. Would changing the little help a little?

Hi guys

Ah, I separated her last night so I could keep a good eye on her and really see what she is doing and all. Other than being mad at me, she seems perfectly fine this morning :?Heh...

She's definitely not having good litter habits... Lol.Maybe she heard that Ashton is coming this weekend so she wants more attention :ponder:

Anyway, I am pretty sure that it's light urine scalding on her feet. She has carpet, tile, and blankets in her condo. She never had a problem before but now her feet are quite yellow from the urine.

She's bouncing around like normal. She's just more agitated and aggressive which is really rare but maybe she was just off yesterday. I'm gonna put her back with her mate today and see if she calms a bit.

Heh :dunnoThanks everyone.

Ps: I still intend to have her checked when I can discuss this better with the Mr. It sucks having to depend on the Mr while he's away and has no idea when he's coming back :grumpy:

I will try using a grid but Wiggles has a bad habit of chewing everything in sight nowadays

I wonder if you could help her by washing her feetsies each day?

I dont' know what I'm talking about - just sorta thinking of how to help.

LOL!

Glad she's ok :)

I'm glad little Miss Wiggles is doing ok,your doing a super job with her and she is so lucky to have you for her mummy.

It makes me sad when i know a bunny isn't feeling very well

Cheryl

Hi guys, thanks. I'm sorry, I had a super nasty migraine and had to sleep today. My neck was so swollen. Lol.

Well Wiggles is fine enough to be super p'd off at me :pBam-Bam looks so sad and lost. :?He's barely moving. I am returning Wiggles to him now :pShe was a bit dehydrated so I felt a need to look after her overnight and during the day. They have a very large ceramic bowl that is filled regularly so I don't get it. Everyone else is fine. Didn't want to make this drag but I couldn't move around today so i will have to make the call on Monday. I think my girl's getting old :?Lol.

Latest posts

Back