Wiggle worm

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
Honestly, this boy of mine can't sit still!!!!I'm used to bunnies scrambling, but Bub climbs all over me constantlywhen I'm carrying him.

Hope he grows out of this!!!!! He can be easily tranced but as soon asI start to walk around he flips over and starts climbing. Isn'tpanicking, just wiggly! I can make everyone elsehold still,but not Bub!

rrrgh

hehehe

love my boy....

Rose

Hi Rose,

try letting Bub snuggle under your chin. Sounds to me like he's lookingfor a safe spot. Once he feels secure he should settle down. I hopethis helps.

Dennis,C.V.R.

lololol

tried that, tried tucking his head under my arm, tried trancing,holding belly to belly, over the shoulder, in both arms....etc. etc.

In short, tried every trick I've learned in 12 yrs. of rabbits, and have never seen such a squiggly little guy!

:p

I'll try the under-the-chin thing again, though! He sure isa boy on the move lately.

Thanks!

Rose

This happened to my mum and Starsky, he doesn't really like to be held. Starsky got up on my Mums shoulder and just sat there.

Put him on your shoulder a kneel down close to the ground. You will soon find out if he likes to be held or not.

Oh yeah, he loves to jump on me! Just hates being forced to sit still for more than 2 seconds!

the best luck I have is when I fold my arms and let him perch on top.Unfortunately he has to change direction within seconds, so Ihave to be ready to grab him if he looks like falling.

Even that doesn't last long! :pHe ends up upside down, backwards, and sideways by the time I've walked ten feet.

My little soon-to-be-teen is certainly changing! I love to watch himgrow, but of course moms have to growl about the little quirkygrowing-up things....hehe

Rose

When you hold him on his belly along one crossedarm (slightly away from your chest or stomach) then put the other handfirmly, (but not squezing) over his neck. A vet taught me this, i showdominance, if the rabit is held this way, he will come to realise, nomatter how much he wriggles, you are the dominant one and will soonaccept to be pick up.

do you know, I've never tried that one! I thought I'd gone through every trick in the book--thanks for showing me a new one!!!

Rose

Latest posts

Back