wierd poop?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosalie

Reaction score
my rabbits poop looks golden like undigested hay and if u let it dry and break it in half it looks the same on the inside what does that mean?

Do they look something like this:

fecals2.jpg

If so, then it means she's eating enough hay. ;)

Rue

Rabbit poop looks a lot like horse poop, except drier and shaped in pellets. It does contain a lot of small hay pieces. I would expect to see small hay pieces, but if it is really dry, maybe she needs more water or veggies.

funnybunnymummy wrote:
Was she eating much hay when you got her? Rabbits who don't eat much hay tend to have darker and smaller poops. Rabbits who eat more hay tend to have lighter and larger poops.

Hope that helps!

Rue
I'm having a problem like that with my younger one, Snowball - his poops are small and brown (I'd say maybe 3 mm in size) and are kind of clumped together. We feed him and our older one, Buttercup, pellets and vegetables, as well as fruit. I guess we probably shouldn't be feeding them so many treats, but Buttercup never seemed to have a problem with his poop. He's also older (will be 2 in April, Snowball is 7 months). Neither of them are huge fans of hay either. Buttercup seems to enjoy the new brand we bought, but Snowball definitely doesn't eat as much hay as he should. Do you think we should take him to the vet or wait it out and try to get him to eat more hay? Thanks! :)

make sure its drinking enough water and eating enough hay,,,, feeding too many treats will keep it full and not want to eat hay and that will mess up its digestion

Nancy McClelland wrote:
Crappy topic--if your bunny is getting more than pellet,the consistency and color will definitely be different

Larry, you just crack me up. lol

As I study my boys poop, (yes I admit I do) I've found out that the poop does turn color in what they are eating.

Example: Collard Greens. When my boys had a taste of them, I found very dark poops. Good consistency but dark. When they are munching down more on hay than their pellets, which they do, the color is lighter.

K :)

Back