Wicked Musical

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalena2148

Reaction score
Saw the musical "Wicked" for the first time yesterday. It was completely awesome!! Different from the book but it was so good.

Did anyone else get to see it?:)

I'm seeing it in July. Yippee! James' work might be doing it next year so we're bussing to Chicago with a bunch of his coworkers. They work with developmentally disabled and every year they do a musical with staff and supporters as the biggest lead roles and disabled clients in all the other roles, as much as they can handle. It's a lot of fun and the clients get so psyched about it.

I have seen it...

There's a story about me singing *Popular* to the pigs at the state fair.. at the top of my lungs, walking the top of the pens.

So thats like 200 pigs and a 500 redneck audience

I also sing it at the ren fair..but in the context of being an uppity elf girl..sometimes a fairy.. helping out another less popular elf.

OK.. don't laugh... but when Elphie sings *Defying Gravity* and she says * Nobody in all of Oz.. no wizard that there is or was.. is EVER gonna BRING ME DOOOOOOOOWWWWN*.. I always mist up, cause it's just a powerful scene.

I also got Peg/TinysMom hooked on the CD soundtrack..

naturestee wrote:
I'm seeing it in July. Yippee! James' work might be doing it next year so we're bussing to Chicago with a bunch of his coworkers. They work with developmentally disabled and every year they do a musical with staff and supporters as the biggest lead roles and disabled clients in all the other roles, as much as they can handle. It's a lot of fun and the clients get so psyched about it.
Yeah I saw it in the Chicago theater. It's only a 40min train ride from me. That theater is absolutely gorgeous! I wish I would have brought a camera to take photos of the interior. It's truly an experience.

GoinBackToCali wrote:
There's a story about me singing *Popular* to the pigs at the state fair.. at the top of my lungs, walking the top of the pens.

So thats like 200 pigs and a 500 redneck audience

LOL! :laugh:That's a very funny picture I have in my head now!

My younger sis and I were in the car to go shopping yesterday, and being roomates at home for 15 years of our lives, our favorite song to sing to eachother is the one that goes "Loathing, Unadulterated loathing, For your face; Your voice; Your clothing;
Let's just say - I loathe it all!" But it's out of love.

And actually I teared up at the end of "Defying Gravity." It's my favorite song and to see it in person was so cool!! I think it's now in my list of fav. musicals.

OH! And my sister, who is a brilliant singer, is trying out for the touring company of "Mary Poppins!" She tried out for the Chicago cast of Wicked and got through the singing portion, but with no formal dance training, didn't fair well at the dancing. She said at one point, she forgot all the choreography and just wanted to do the sprinkler!! LOL!

Ah i really liked Wicked too.. but out of all the millions of musicals i have seen (ive seen Cats 9 times, Blood Brothers twice, Billy Elliot 4 times.. the list goes on) i still think Hairspray is the best. Nothing can beat it.

I read the book too. Its totally different. I can udnerstand that they couldn't make the book into a musical because its way too morbid, to adult. Like all the Clock of the Time Dragon. I mean can you imagine a musical number about the soldiers at Kiamo Ko? It wouldbe so dull :p

Latest posts

Back