Why you love your bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Numbat

Reaction score
Just wondering what you think are the great points of owning bunnies. Why do you love your bunnies and how do they show their love to you?

Wow, so much goes on on this forum! Before I joined here, I thought about rabbits so differently. They were just rabbits, cute and fun but wild. Here, they have personality and are so close to their owners! Everyone I know who has rabbits might cuddle them but the rabbits never bond with them. And this forum has all these interesting 'characters'. Hmm, I don't know if I got this right :D

Oh groan, I meant Why you love your bunnies.

Btw, we're thinking of naming the bunnies Inky and Fudge or Tug. Not very original :D We were thinking about Radagast for brown eyes and Gandalf for grey eyes (from lotr) but decided on cute :p I'll put some pics up soon. Our computer died so we had to transfer everything onto disc.

*bump* I will post later.

I love this question!

I have 2 bunnies and they have 2 completely different characters. A brother and sister pair.

Splinter (my boy) is the most curious bunny I have ever seen! No sounds, no animals, no people scare him at all. It's like he is not a bunny at all. He runs around like a madman. Splinter likes to flop down and roll around like a dog. His favorite game to play with me is tag. If you tag his butt he jumps really high runs away, comes back, turns around and looks back at you waiting for you to do it again.

But he has a lovebug side. He'll lay on me and let me pet him for 20 minute periods. As I'm petting him he will scoot closer and closer to my face until we are both practically going cross-eyed trying to look at each other hahaha

Adeline (my girl) is a lover. She is skittish though so I have to move really slow. But when she gets in her crazy mood she will be laying down, the next thing you know she has taken off like lightening. She usually bounces off a few walls.

When she is ready to be pet she follows me around and waits for me to sit or lay down. She will sit there as long as you are willing to pet her.

All bunnies are one of a kind. I love my bunnies for the personalities they have. I couldn't ask for anymore.

Well I love my young Buneary he has spiecal charm and him and me are very close.

i give him love and protection, and he give me bunny kisses.

he let's me know when he is hungry and thristy, he also let's me know that he wants me to love him.

Wow...why do I love my bunnies...

No matter what, at the end of the day, when I finally make it back home from all we do all day long...they are so happy to see me!!

I'm never alone, because they're always there with and for me.

They are always so immensely thankful and grateful for every little thing I do for them.

I love watching them eat...seeing them play...

They are, along with my two kitties, such perfect, wonderful, amazing little furpeople. I couldn't ask for anyone better!!

I love our buns for a million reasons, but the one thing that springs to mind is the kisses! It's so lovely when Pumpkin gives me kisses. Her foster mom was amazed when I told her that she had given me kisses. She said that her first mom didn't want her because she was so cold and stand-offish. Could it be that she was kept in her cage 24/7 for her whole life??? Sorry, small rant! Whiskers, our active little boy, will just come up and clean my face when we're hanging out together....I just love it!:D

I have to agree with pumpkinsandwhiskersmom, bunny kisses are the best. Smokey loves to groom all around my hair line, my eye brows, and my nose. He does it daily, like it's his job as my bunny to keep me clean. How can you not love that?

Hmmmm..... SO many reasons. Let me try to put it without writing an essay lol:

• Because they make great tissues when I'm crying- just pick up a bunny and bury your face into them!
  • Because no matter how down I'm feeling, I can't help but smile at them doing a DBF/binky
  • Even when I'm on my own in the house all day, I don't really feel like I'm alone because there are 5 lovely bunnies hopping about the place
  • Watching them being so laid back, without a care in the world, just eating sleeping and playing, is very comforting and.... relaxing I guess
  • Last but not least... because they are just SO CUTE!!!! Me and Steve talk about them all the time- 'look at Chalk! She's eating lettuce!' 'look! Snowy flopped!' 'look, BINKY!' etc etc.... We can't think how we entertained ourselves before the bunnies when there was nothing on TV LOL
There are loads more.... those are just off the top of my head. In short, bunnies are just great :D :heartbeat:

There are SO many reasons! Here are the main ones:

• [align=left]Their noses. I love watching them twitch when they are interested in something.[/align]

• [align=left]Their mischieviousness. It's like they know they are doing something they aren't supposed to and their binkies when they get caught are like little giggles! [/align]

• [align=left]Their attitudes! Clover acts like she's a giant rabbit and bosses the others around..... and us! Bo thinks he's my boss and wants things his way! Even Tony will start to dig on us if he wants to be petted or something! [/align]

• [align=left]their fur. Especially my Bo. I could pet him all day long.[/align]

• [align=left]Lucky for me, 2 of mine are snugglers. Even the third (Clover) will allow it if she's out with us...... or if she senses I'm sad..... [/align]

• [align=left]Their intellect! Clover tried to communicate with me by clicking when she heard me typing! (when she was just a few feet from me on the computer. She doesn't do it now :( ) Tony and Bo will both dig on us a certain way if they need to go to the litterbox! Bo can place stacking cups inside each other if you hold the bigger one for him. I've GOT to get video of that! [/align]

• [align=left]Their flops[/align]

• [align=left]Their binkies[/align]

• [align=left]Their thumps[/align]

• That their love is so hard to get but very worth it when you do.
  • Nose wiggling.
  • Eating foods like parsley like a long piece of spaghetti.
  • Flops
  • Binkies
  • Snuggles
  • Trancing
  • I've learned a lot about them: how to deal with sensitive creatures, how to take care of them, how to talk to other people about caring for them, how some bunnies need extra love and time to trust you
  • How excited they get about their favorite foods.
  • How incredibly tiring and difficult their lives must be! I mean, flopping and snuggling all day is hard work!
  • Sassiness
  • The sound of them eating

I LOVE watching them eat long stemmed veggies! Like Cilantro! it's so funny! and then things like a big piece of lettuce that they basically CRAM in their mouths!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I LOVE watching them eat long stemmed veggies! Like Cilantro! it's so funny! and then things like a big piece of lettuce that they basically CRAM in their mouths!
All of ours eat lettuce in the cutest way ever. We give them leaves whole, and they will take them in their mouth, and chew all the leafy bits from round the stalk, turning it round with their teeth as they go. Barney will save the stalky bits for later in the day, but the others will eat them at the end. It's almost like Barney taught the others 'how it should be done' lol! :p

Bo B Bunny wrote:
That's how Bo and Clover eat romaine!!! Bo saves his stalk for later too! Isn't that funny?!
It's the cutest thing ever! They sometimes keep them in their water bowl as well until later lol.... Does Bo do that?

This is a great question. Ok, here we go:

Niabi: He is my Velveteen Lop. I got him downstate, from a breeder that I have known for about two years. I LOVE HIM! Him and I have been through alot, and I havent even had him a year yet. My dad and I saved him when he had a bad case of chochcidiosis. It took us about two weeks, and he pulled through! He was just so trusting and delt with having needles put into him daily and getting crushed pills. :(That is what saved him though. I got to show him in 4-H that year, and we got grand champion sr. showmanship, and he got reserve grandchampion buck. I will never give him up to anyone, out of all my rabbits he would be the last to go.

Gilinda: I LOVE this bunny. I got her in November of 08', where I traded the rest of my Rexs and Mini Rexs for her. She is a solid chocolate English Angora, complete with all the furnishings and stuff. She is just gourgeous, and loves to be groomed. She just sits in my lap and loves to watch TV with me. I cant wait to show her. I wish I could get a buck to breed her to. She scares our two kittens that we have lol they arent sure what she is, because she is sooofluffy with all of her hair. :p

I love all of my rabbits, but these two are the rabbits that are the dearest "to my heart". lol Plus, they are so unique. You dont see many of them up here where I am. Its fun to be able to relate to other people through the fair and 4-H about them. I just love seeing other people getting interested in rabbits, and knowing that you are giving them the best of your knowledge on what you know. So, thats my two cents :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back