why the sad face!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juliemjkim

Reaction score
My 4month old male not yet neutered netherland dwarf has been the licking machine the past week. Starting a few days ago, all he wants to do it bite me even when I'm minding my own business. I will be sitting on the floor where I've always sat when I played with him and he'll come over and...heres the routine...sniff, maybe one lick, nip, bite, bite down, and when I try to move away- GROWL while still biting down! I'm not understanding what's going on.

Do you think it's because he's sexually mature? Does being sexually mature change a rabbits personality literally within 2 days? Help!

Rabbits can change overnight.

We had a rabbit named Shippou that was sweet as could be. One day, he was completely fine and quite literally overnight, he pulled a total 180 on us. He was so vicious that he was lunging at the side of the cage trying to bite people, there was something that went seriously wrong with him. We ended up actually taking him back to the breeder after he grabbed my Mom's hand and refused to let go. Even if it was just sexual maturity with him, Mom was terrified of him after that and that is not a good thing to have in a companion.

I would recommend getting him nuetered ASAP (Obviously, you have to wait for his testicles to descend, but as soon as they do get it done).

Latest posts

Back