Why Ivory hasn't been around much

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivory

Reaction score
So this is why I haven't been around much: (Warning....kind of long lol)

1) Hurricane. We're still recovering. Got power back in most places...but we're still running around, trying to do things that were affected by it.

2) I got really, really, really sick, actually right around the time of my birthday. (September 20). I had to go to the emergency clinic and all that fun stuff. It wasn't major-major, I just got a shot and meds, but still....it was on my birthday.

3) My grades haven't particularly suffered, but I've gotten behind on school. Everything is so overwhelming that I've been having trouble keeping up in my lectures. Luckily the important classes (I.e. biology and animal classes) my grades have been A's...but my lesser classes, I've shoved on the backburner, and I'm just getting back to them.

4) I was in a wreck. It wasn't my fault, but it put $3600 on the Impala, so that's in the shop. We don't think the motor was damaged though. But the other woman is an idiot, hardly speaks a word of English, and it was completely her fault. She ruined my car MORE after the actual accident...

Basically, you know how you'll have a green light for a lefthand turn, but you don't have an arrow, so you're supposed to yield if someone's coming? Well, she didn't yield and I was coming, so I T-boned her. I totaled her car and if someone had been in the passenger's side seat I would have put them in the hospital.

She doesn't have any windows on her passenger side now...

BUT I'm pretty sure she considered running. BECAUSE...after the wreck, I was about to get out of the Impala and ask her if she was okay, when she took off and finished the turn. She was going, but I guess she decided to stop...but when she took off, my car was attached to hers....so she basically ripped off my entire front grille, headlights, and screwed up the side panels so I couldn't open my passenger side door. I was just a LITTLE pissed.

So anyway Impala's in the shop for two weeks now. Actually it's going to be a week from today. So I should get it back soon. For now, I'm in our 2003 Crystler Town and Country. (Mom got a new van for Mother's Day, so we keep the other as a spare.)

So that's what's going on right now, and why I haven't been around.

Erik's been doing pretty well, but he started to go into stasis a few weeks ago and I had to pull him out. I have some photos from my mobile phone I'll try to get sent to the computer and posted.

:shock:

WOW talk about a string of bad luck !

We did know that you were affected by the hurricane but not about your illness or the car wreck.
Take care of one thing at a time and things will hopefully even out for you.

I would be really angry if someone turned in front of me at a green light and then tried to leave.

I would be really P**

belated :birthday

If she's at fault, you should get a rental car from her insurance for no charge for the time you are without yours. Don't hesitate to use that either cause it puts miles on your mom's car and stuff.

I'm glad you're ok. We do miss you tho :(

Yeah, I was given the opportunity at a rental car...but it was kind of a situation, so I just took the van. It made it a little easier.

The van is still running really well. I mean it has over 111,000 miles on it, but it's still in great shape. So I don't mind using it.

Andre' calls it my "shag wagon" and (this isn't appropriate for younger people) told me that when he passed me up on the Interstate the other day (he was leading me to somewhere) I looked like a total MILF driving the mini-van. LOL. Sometimes men are so driven by their loins...

There've been other little things going on...like my apartment was without power for a few hours because of downed power lines, and I needed the internet. And the wireless internet has been down at it since then, too. Little things like that. But it seems to be okay.

Latest posts

Back