Why is my rabbit not drinking a lot of water?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arloismybunny

Reaction score
It’s been two days and he’s finally figured out that’s there’s water in the dish but I’m worried that he’s not drinking enough water. I have seen him drink very tiny amounts of water but when I look in the bowl it seems like he didn’t drink any. He’s eating his hay and pooping normally. Is this just because he’s stressed out and still adjusting to his new environment?

It’s been two days and he’s finally figured out that’s there’s water in the dish but I’m worried that he’s not drinking enough water. I have seen him drink very tiny amounts of water but when I look in the bowl it seems like he didn’t drink any. He’s eating his hay and pooping normally. Is this just because he’s stressed out and still adjusting to his new environment?
Of course right as I post this he starts to drink his water.....

That might be the case. It could also be that he's not needing as much water right this moment. If he's acting normally, such as eating and pooping and urinating, then just keep an eye on him. You said you just got him a couple days ago. So it could also be because of his age.

Back