Why is my bunny so messy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junior_n_sweetpea

Reaction score
We recently separated Junior and sweetpea becausethey were getting somewhat territorial. I hope to get them backtogether once they are fixed. But I have noticed that Junior is somessy! Every morning his cage is a complete disaster, poop everywhere,and it STINKS!! I thought it was the combination of both of them in onecage, but it looks like itwas all Junior! Sweetpea is theexact opposite. Only one or two poops out of the litterbox and not asmell at all. What is up with this? How can I get his litterbox habbitsunder control?

When I first got Chompers, he was rather messy.And god forbid if I dared change anything in his cage. When I wasexperimenting with different litters, there was this one kind he HATEDand let me tell you, he let me know it. By kicking all the litter outof his cage and literally throwing his litter pan around.

He used to emit a very strong musky sent, but ever since getting himneutured, it's gone. That also stopped him spraying things, includingme.

I know how it is junior_n_sweetpea. Mocha andSpice are complete opposites. Before I had to separate them, I figuredthe huge mess in the cage was becasuse of both of them equally, but Ifound out differently when I split them up. Spice is a terror and makesa huge mess of everything while Mocha is relatively good andclean.Spice has better bathroom manner though. Spice only poops in onecorner, the spot I specifically did not cover with wood so everythingcan fall through. Mocha however, poops everywhere. I don't careat all, they are outside bunnies. I wish I could help with the litterbox habits.

Have they been fixed? Juniors habits may calm down once he has and thesmell may subside a bit. Also, his bathroom habits may get better withage. That's all I can say, anyone else have any ideas?

Back