why is he doing this!?!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gumby

Reaction score
Gumby will be sitting on me, all cuddled up (especially if I'm lying down and hes on my chest) and all of a sudden, he will start DIGGING on me!! With his front paws, its like hes scratching and trying to dig a burrow into my skin.... little bugger lol!!

I was wondering if there could be any reasoning behind this? Is he trying to get comfy? Is he trying to tell me something?

Dante does it too, i think it's just an instinct that rabbits have... though dont quote me on that lol

Gumby wrote:
Gumby will be sitting on me, all cuddled up (especially if I'm lying down and hes on my chest) and all of a sudden, he will start DIGGING on me!! With his front paws, its like hes scratching and trying to dig a burrow into my skin.... little bugger lol!!

I was wondering if there could be any reasoning behind this? Is he trying to get comfy? Is he trying to tell me something?
My bun's done it to me .. and my friend. They do have that digging instinct, and I notice they do it pretty randomly, lol.

Sweetie will do it to me, then I ask her got to go potty, and if she digs again then I just put her in the rabbit area I have and she goes potty.

Hhm, seems that it means a little something different for every bun... This makes it even more difficult to pin point exactly what it is that Gumby is asking for lol!! I'll have to pay extra close attention to him next time he does it to see whats going on! Thanks for the replies so far guys!

With some I think it's just them trying to get comfy and with others that we have they do it to get attention--my pants get a lot of attention when it's treat or vegetable time.

Latest posts

Back