Why is Emmy always bored?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i gave peapoo some empty toilet paper rollsstuffed with hay, and she hasnt figured out how to get the hayout:foreheadsmack:...she just rolls them around... she won't play withlittle cat balls or tennis balls...the only thing she has actuallyliked is the "bunny cabob" i got her at petsmart....i think im going totry the toy key rings

My bunnies also love their tissue box (minus the plastic stuff on top) stuffed with hay.

This is what I did for Christmas: Iput several different types of hay along with a piece of alfalfa blockand a new willow chew ring and an apple twig in a paper lunchbag. I poked holes in the bag and tied it shut withtwine. The buns had a lot of fun ripping the bags open to getto the treats.

I also use twine to tie store-bought chew toys onto the cage. They like it better than the kabob thing.

Oh, and some of my crew like Shredders.
http://www.globalpets.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=EDC0000-949271740

I bought mine at Petsmart (okay, so they actually do have somethingneat but it's in the bird section). I weave it into the cagebars and they rip it apart.
I also will sometimes put one end of a piece of paper into the cage,and they spend the rest of the day pulling it in and shredding it.

I love this site for toy inspiration. I'll have to go on a shopping spree sometime.
http://www.bunnybytes.com/cgi-bin/start.cgi

Naturestee,

Are those safe if they eat them? Devon will try to eat anything put in front of him, but that toy looks like so much fun.

This is one of those things where I can't findanything saying it's good or bad for rabbits. It is okay forbirds, and the Bunny Bytes site has lots of stuff made fromShredders. Mine mainly rip it apart, they don't eat it awhole lot even though they normally eat everything else.

One day while i was adding more food to Rice'sbowl i had so much food out i was piling a few things on top of hercage while i sorted through it, and one of the items was a carrot withthe long green stems and it was dangling down into her cage and when ilooked over she was batting at it and tugging it and playing aroundwith it, til finally after maybe 15 minutes she managed to bring downthe whole carrot....it seemed to keep her quite amused so now i alwaysleave a carrot on top of her cage with the stem hangingdown....sometimes she fusses with it til the carrot falls and sometimesshe just chews it til she cant reach anymore - either way, she'sentertained.

ilovetegocalderon wrote:
One day while i was adding more food to Rice's bowl i had somuch food out i was piling a few things on top of her cage while isorted through it, and one of the items was a carrot with the longgreen stems and it was dangling down into her cage and when i lookedover she was batting at it and tugging it and playing around with it,til finally after maybe 15 minutes she managed to bring down the wholecarrot....it seemed to keep her quite amused so now i always leave acarrot on top of her cage with the stem hanging down....sometimes shefusses with it til the carrot falls and sometimes she just chews it tilshe cant reach anymore - either way, she's entertained.

When we were in the habit of feeding greens, we would put them all overin the cages. Hanging from the top, weaved through the sides, in papertubes or boxes etc. Kind of made them "forage" for their greens.

~Jim

JimD wrote:
ilovetegocalderon wrote:
Oneday while i was adding more food to Rice's bowl i had so much food outi was piling a few things on top of her cage while i sorted through it,and one of the items was a carrot with the long green stems and it wasdangling down into her cage and when i looked over she was batting atit and tugging it and playing around with it, til finally after maybe15 minutes she managed to bring down the whole carrot....it seemed tokeep her quite amused so now i always leave a carrot on top of her cagewith the stem hanging down....sometimes she fusses with it til thecarrot falls and sometimes she just chews it til she cant reach anymore- either way, she's entertained.

When we were in the habit of feeding greens, we would put them all overin the cages. Hanging from the top, weaved through the sides, in papertubes or boxes etc. Kind of made them "forage" for their greens.

~Jim
Gee, why didnt i think of that?! that willgive me something to do as well, lol. Im def gonna go hometonight and do that and have fun watching them forage!

One of my bunnies favorite toy is a small funnel..I know kind of a strange toy but its her favorite..I like to go to the thrift store and look at all the toys they have there. You can get a really cheap toys for like 25 cents and you dont feel to bad if they decide they dont like them much.

bunniestoycopy.jpg

here is Camille playing with a few of her toys! they funnel is actually flying through he air, although it dosent look like it.

I bought a bag of willow balls at Walmart for 96 cents. Gretchen threw them around and ate them!! I need to find more.

Her favorite toy is, by far, her plastic links that I bought in the baby section--and of course her rice sock. She alternates between linking it and biting it.

She also loves junk mail. She loves to shred it, especially when it is stuffed in a willow basket.

My girls make toys out of anything they can find! :p I've got a few small, round cardboard bird seed containers scattered around in their room, which they love to push around and pick up and throw... they also like to play with empty 1.5 liter water bottles; they push them around. I bought myself a new mouse (computer type!) yesterday, and they've been playing with the box that it came in.

They also love their carboard bow(as I type, Heather's sitting on top of it and the others are trying to get up there too), and they've got two dog-sized willow baskets that they like to hop in and out of. I think one of their favourite toys though has to be the budgies ;) They love watching them and trying to steal food from them! :p

I'm new here and don't have a bunnyyet, I'm trying to learn as much as possible before I getone. What is a budgie? Also, this isn'ttoy related, (I don't think) but what does it meanwhen a bunny "binkies"? Please excuse me for myignorance, but I won't learn if I don't ask.

Latest posts

Back