why doesn't new flemmie baby chew?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tristaw.

Reaction score
I have a 9 week old Flemish Giant and I keep waiting for the bad baby behaviour. Mainly, he cuddles, does some binkies and head shakes but then lays back down again like an old dog.

The only problem I'm having is he is love puddling on my lap. only mine.
But the only thing he chews are his hay and his pellets.

It got me worried though. Is something wrong with him? we keep joking how mellow he is, but is he TOO mellow?

he doesn't mess with anything, he pushes a ball around with his nose, but his main form of interaction with anything is to crawl onto it and lay down.

He's bright eyed, happy, eats well, drinks well.. everything seems great excpet that he isn't acting like a baby. do I need to worry?

My flemmiedoesn't chew either.

My Muppet is a bump on a log most times. ;)She doesn't exercise during her exercise time. We bring her in and she lays down in one of her fave spots and just sleeps while we watch TV. Every once in awhile, she will go across the room, do a binkie, and then lay down at her other fave spot. That's about as much action we've come to expect from her. :D

She's content just hanging out with the family and doing nothing else.

She will flip her head around likea wild woman in the mornings though when I come out to feed her. She is very excited to get her treats. And when it is cold out, she LOVES it. She binkies and shakes her head like crazy in her hutch. But inside, she's a couch (floor) potato.

That's good to know, Suze.
I love the way he is so laid back.
I'm a couch potato myself so we're a good match ;)

From what I had read, it is pretty much their temperament but I didn't expect the baby to be like that until it was an adult.

I'm glad I don't have to worry :)

I love my furry couch potato too ;)She won't let me pick her up, but I love it when she comes and just lays next to me and I gently stroke her with my two fingers behind her ears and around her cheeks. Those are her favorite spots.

I've some rabbits out here that doesnt chew a thing. They can be a little lazy honestly.

My 4 month old I bought, she has destroyed her pen to say the least.

we have some that are destructo bunnies and others that bother nothing they aren't supposed to. Gave up trying to figure things out a lonnnnnnnnnng time ago, it made my head hurt too much.

As mentioned, some bunnies are just more laid back than others. As a breed, Flemish are known for being pretty chill bunnies. So I wouldn't expect the sometimes crazy behavior out of them that you see in some smaller breeds. :p

My boy Otto never chewed anything as a baby. As an adult, he'll shred some phonebook or cardboard a little once a day or so, but mostly he lays around. Not all bunnies are bad chewers! They don't actually need to chew things to keep their teeth worn down - hay does a fine job with that.

My flemish is the same c:
He lays around ALL day!
Seems to be normal for flemies.. XD

I think I would rather he chew than what he's been doing. He is a pee machine and an escape artist :shock:

I think his true self is showing :)

Latest posts

Back