Why does she do this?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowflakesmama

Reaction score
Snowflake is litterbox trained and often times I trust her to roam around my room and bed (my mattress is on the floor.) She usually won't poop on my furniture but sometimes she does. Why? Her cage is in my room and is always left open for her to go in...

*note* shes at least one years old and was spayed 1 week ago... She did this prior to her spay and today she pooed all over my bed! Wtf!

She's still got those girly hormones running through her system perhaps. I've heard on here it can take some time for her hormones to flush out of her system. Good luck! :)

Btw be careful, my vet had me confine my girl for 14 days after her spay. No running, jumping. She is a bit younger than your girl so maybe it makes a difference? :)

Yup, hormones. It can take up to 6 weeks for the hormones to completely disappear. Some days she'll seem super hormonal, others not at all. Then one day, you'll realize she's not been hormonal in a long time.

One week is usually sufficient confinement time after a spay.

Hope that helps!

Rue

The same way another rabbit would: drive her off said turf. When she hops up on a piece of furniture, tell her "NO!" and push her off.

But I suspect in a few weeks to a month, when the hormones wear off, she'll stop leaving so many pellets everywhere.

Hope that helps!

Rue

What I've noticed with my boys and poo marking is this.

Neville (9 weeks) goes everywhere. It's like a trail. It just is. He gets excited, binkies, sniffs, anything, he poos. You should see the pile on the tile every time I groom.

Dobby, Kreacher and Willard (10 Months) They poop to mark. One poops, then the other one comes along and poops, and then the last one. Then they poop to mark you or your property, like your bed. She's leaving her mark, which with bunnies, however disgusting you think it is, is poo. Just be glad it's not pee.

All three leave poop under my husband's kitchen chair every morning. In the living room, Dobby did it when he smelled Neville scent on the rug.

It's a bunny thing. Ain't going to change it. I'm just grateful it's not pee.

K :)

snowflakesmama wrote:
It doesn't really bother me but it does to my roomate when its on her couch, which she peed on and left a stain.
That's a shame. I don't know about furniture. We don't have our bunnies come up on the furniture. They will sit in my lap but other than that, they love the floor and all they can get into on the floor. Not furniture bunnies.

K :)

My bunniesloved furniture.. I guess if you want to keep your bunny away from the couch (or wherever) when you're not there to supervise her, you can put some boxes or something else blocking the way, so she can't jump up there..

Back