Why does she do this?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwhoosh

Reaction score
My bunny Rilee is pretty mischevious and gets in trouble a lot, and knows she's doing wrong. But, a lot of times she goes over to the door where she digs at the carpet and chews the frame, and it's hidden to me from my desk, where I usually sit. So when I get up and yell "No!", she takes off BINKYING!

Now I know binkies are for happiness, why would she binky when I yell at her for doing something bad?? Sometimes, I think she goes over there (and doesn't even do anything, although I always get up to check anyways and she does the same thing) on purpose, just to get me to say no, so she can run away and binky.

Does my rabbit enjoy getting into trouble?....

No, she doesn't enjoy getting into trouble, she enjoys the ATTENTION she gets from you! You're sitting quietly at your desk trying to get some work done and she KNOWS that if she goes over to a certain place (door), you'll STOP what you're doing and pay attention to her! (Bad attention is better than NO attention...) :biggrin2: Silly bunny!!!

The attention-getting naughtiness reminds me so much of what little kids do for the same reason. A lot of the time I feel like I'm dealing with an ultra-smart 4 year old child instead of a bun.

I also see a lot of the "If she's not watching me, I can get away with it" thinking going on. "I can dig on the carpet when she's on the phone!" "I can try crawling into the Forbidden Zone when her back is turned!" (And so on. ;))

bo does stuff like that and binkies away.... I swear he's thinking "ha! she caught me but isn't it funny?!"

HAHA!!! I attribute it to possible happiness at being mischiveous...

Flower does it, even when I'm paying LOADS of attention to her! She'll binky if she does something she knows isn't okay, or upsets the kitty from sniffing her tail too long...I think Flower's just an imp at heart, hehe!

I love it...it's so cute! :biggrin2:

Wiggles does it constantly :whatever:tongueShe's the worst of the gang. It's like a game to her. Lol. I agree with them being very much like children at times...

maherwoman wrote:
HAHA!!! I attribute it to possible happiness at being mischiveous...

EXACTLY!

"Look how silly and sneaky I am! - I'm so funny it's too much!" Binky, binky!

lolol That's what I figured, she's just a little imp who's too smart for her own good. It's good to know that she's not the only one though :) Sadly ( I think ) That's what fuels like 80% of her binkies. >.<

I would have to agree with ya there, gwoosh!! Flower certainly gets a kick (hehe) out of naughtiness! I think they're all imps in fur...but I LOVE imps...so I'm not complainin'! :D

:inlove:

I think Roxie is Flower's long lost cousin. She does the same thing. She is very mischevious and now to some exstent has Buddy doing it!:shock2:And the she looks at me like "What Mommy?" HEHE my little angel(jk)!:craziness

Latest posts

Back