why does she do it

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caramel

Reaction score
for the last few day when i get in from work andwhen i get up at night i notice that caramel keeps pulling her ladderdown so she cant get up to the second level and her bed, she jumps downbut im scared she will urt herself when she jumps down and if she triesto climb back up, why is she doing this and how can i stop her doingit

My buns don't use a ladder to get to their second level. Never have.

Rabbits are very good jumpers and if the level is not too high (mine isone NIC panel high, so 14") they should be able to jump up and downwith out a problem.

I would take the ladder out. She's trying to tell you it's inher way. My buns kept moving and dumping their third litterbox, and I finaly listened to them and moved it. They reallyenjoy lounging in that corner and are much happier since that box hasbeen removed.

--Dawn

Hmm, what height is it? Is she able to jump upto the second level?

Ebony and Pebble's ramp is fixed, they'd probably pull it down if theycould though, Ebony regularly jumps off the top and it is quite high,and she has never hurt herself.:)

I agree, I would just take the ladder out. Minehave a second level to their NIC condo and they get up and down justfine (and one is a tiny little dwarf). She should be fine without it-plus she'll have more room with it gone. :D

Caramel is in an outdoor hutch right?

Most outdoor hutches aretoo high for them to be able to jumpup to the second level without a ladder, and the hole is quite small soI don't know if they'd be able to navigate it really. Going by personalexperience here, it would be higher than one NIC panel. Ebony is areally good jumper, and she can't jump the second level.

ive figured it out i think, well when i cleanedher hutch i put straw in instead of wood shavings like usual, and cosshe is so used to the straw being in her bedding i think she goconfused and kept scooping it into a pile underneath the ladder and asshe was putting more and more there is moved the ladder and eventuallycaused it to fall down, so when i changed her the other day i put woodshavings back in and since then she hasnt knocked it down:colors::colors::colors::colors::colors::colors::colors::colors: so ishant be doing that again :D:D:D

Latest posts

Back