Why does my bunny use the bathroom elseware ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish keeper

Reaction score
Hi .I am new to this fourm . And to rabbits . My bunnylikes to use his food dish as the bathroom and her litter box as a bed:?. Is this usual ? And what can we do to help herstraten this out .:happybunny:

Robert

How old is your bunny? Some babieslike to use their dishes but will grow out of it. Try using afood bowl that's big enough for her head but too small for her rearend. Or try one of the food bowls that attaches to the sideof the cage and is held above the floor.

As for sleeping in the litterbox, that's pretty normal. I'dgive her a second one because she might like one to sleep in and one topoop in.

Also, age and spay/neuter will help.:)

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

She is about 6months old . When we got her she would fit into 2 cuppedhands . I never knew baby bunnies could grow so fast. I will get her two litter boxes just as you said. I am thanking about having her spaded but need to find areputable vet to take her to . Don't want to send her to anut that hasn't done the operation before .

It is a really good idea to get herspayed. Rabbits have a really, really high percentage ofuterine cancer, which spaying completely prevents. Plus itcan help with hormone-related behavior issues.

Have you check out our rabbit savvy vet lists? Here's thethread for Georgia. Maybe there's somebody near you.
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11596&forum_id=9

Also, check out this article on how to find a good rabbit vet:
http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/vet.html

It tells you what to look for and what to ask.

Yes there is a vet about 15 to 20 min from me in Martinez Ga. I will have to cheak him out . Thanks so much forthe valuable info . I must say this is the bestsite for info on the bunny bunnies .:bunnysuit: Thanks againso much .

Robert

Latest posts

Back