Why does my Bunny do that??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcgmd

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am new to thissite and this is my first post. I have had my bunny Cinnamon,a mini-lop since May 1 when he was just a month old. About 10years ago I had a Netherland dwarf, so Cinnamon is not my firstexperience with rabbits. But, this is a new experience forme: lately, Cinnamon has been "digging", with his front 2paws, at my leg (whether I'm seated or standing), and then takinglittle nibbles at my pants. Anyone else experiencing thiswith their bunny?? Thanks for any help/opinions you canoffer. Hope to scan a picture of my little Cinnamon soon andattach it. :)

Welcome aboard,Icgmd,

Sounds like your little one is looking for attention, wants to play, you're in his way, or all of the above.

I love it when my rabbits do that. :) They just have to 'boss' you.

You might want to take a look at the website below. It's oneof the most comprehensive sites on rabbit behavior I've come across todate.

-Carolyn

Rabbit Language and Behavior:http://www.muridae.com/rabbits/rabbittalk.html

Caroly,

Thanks so much! I had a feeling that's what itwas, but just wanted to see others' experiences. He certainlyis playful, that's for sure. Thanks also for the website. I'm going to check it out now.

--Robin--

No problem, Robin.

Other's might have some more ideas or thoughts to add as towhy they do that.

You'll enjoy the website. It's quiteinteresting.

Sounds like Cinnamon has you trained.

-Carolyn

I usually like to cuddle with Peppy for hours,but after about an hour he starts getting antsy I guess like "ugh mom,I don't wanna sit here, I wanna play and binky!" and he starts diggingat my stomach/chest and biting me, yes there's been multiple timeswhere he's got me in the boob, OUCH! lol So when he starts doing that Ilet him run around and play.

Its funniest when he's playin in a blanket because he almost attacksit, it seems. He jumps on it, then digs in it then bites it haha its socute :)

Welcome aboard!!

Oooh, the wonderful binky! I'm sure you've seen your bun do it before, if you haven't yet, well you will! lol

A binky is when a bun is really happy, they jump in the air and kind oftwist and kick out their back legs, its one of the funniest things towatch, and so cute! Sometimes they'll do it just once, sometimes (likemy other bun Maggie) will do it like 5 times in a run and round aroundin circles hahaha.

I think someone posted a small video of what a binky looks like, I'm sure they'll gladly post the link again :)

Edit: Watch this small clip, it shows a bunny binkying!

http://www.muridae.com/rabbits/images/runningbinky1.gif

Of course. Cinnamon doesthat frequently. Didn't know it had an officialname. That is the cutest when they do that. Myother Rabbit Snickers used to do it also. Sometimes Cinnamonwill leap with a twist, and sometimes just the leap. Thanksfor clearing that up, everyone!

--Robin--

Welcome Icgmd!

bo did that digging and nipping when he needed to be neutered (he wasmaturing) .... he still does it a bit but not as often and not asrough! :shock:

Most of the time when he's tugging my pants leg, he's wanting me tocome play! He'll tug, stop, sit down, look at me and if I don't respondand get up to play..... he repeats this LOL!

Cinnamon has beenneutered. I actually think the digging isreallycute, except sometimes afraid his little nips will getbigger. I've never seen him do this to my husband.Again, have to get a picture of the little guy scanned andattach. All of your bunnies are adorable! Thanksagain for the info.

--Robin--

He's gotten your attention doing it, and I bethe's like bo, just going to use it for that. Now, Bo hasaccidently nipped my neck tugging my collar.

Little vampire!lol...

Well Cinnamon started biting mypants, that's when I told him to stop. But the digging is socute!! I just need to watch out for holes in my pants fromthe nips.

Welcome to my world, Robin!

I actually have certain clothesI have to wear when I'mhanging out with Cali because if I don't move fast when she nudges meto pet her, she'll bite right through my pants or sweatshirt to get meto pet her.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Welcome to my world, Robin!

I actually have certain clothesI have to wear when I'mhanging out with Cali because if I don't move fast when she nudges meto pet her, she'll bite right through my pants or sweatshirt to get meto pet her.

-Carolyn
LOL! I don't wear good clothes around Bo either. If Iam going to hold him I usually have on an old shirt or something.....he ruined a brand new shirt one day. bit it and left 2 littleholes in it. I could have worn it for working around thehouse or something if the holes hadn't been RIGHT ON MY BOOB!!!! :X

Latest posts

Back